PDA

View Full Version : Optimuff (earing/eye protection) Closeout

John Weber
01-05-2005, 5:46 PM
Hey guys,

I just came across this on another forum. Industrial Safety is going out of business and has a closeout on the Optimuff earing and eye protection for $20.75 with free shipping. They only have the large size, but these normally sell for around $38. They are used by many woodworkers with very positive comments. I just ordered a pair, and I have no connection with the company.

John

http://www.indlsafety.com/images/products/earprotection/2921i.jpg

http://www.indlsafety.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=IndustrialSafety&category%5Fname=25&product%5Fid=9473

Rob Blaustein
01-05-2005, 7:44 PM
I think if you order the blue muffs/red glasses version, it comes fully equipped with Paul Cresti :D. Probably more expensive though.

Paul B. Cresti
01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I think if you order the blue muffs/red glasses version, it comes fully equipped with Paul Cresti :D. Probably more expensive though.
Yes, I am a "high" maintanence kind of person. I carry a lot of baggage (one wife and three kids). By the way the optimuffs do work great! I beleive I hace what is called the large ones as they fit over your glasses. I got them a long time ago form Woodworkers supply and have been looking for replacement lenses. I have actually only found them on law enforcement suppliers sites.

Steven Herbin
01-06-2005, 9:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

I got a pair from Sommerfeld's last year and I wanted a few more pairs for my son, son-in-law, et al. However, Sommerfeld said the manufacturer stopped making them and I couldn't locate another supplier.

Can't understand why they are not being picked up by another company. They are really a neat product.

John Weber
01-10-2005, 1:56 PM
Hey guys,

Mine came Friday, and they are very nice. The ear muffs are much better then my old Sears pair. Fit better, muffel sound better, and appear to be better built. The safety glasses part fit well over my regular glasses and also nice quality unit. If you are considering these, the company seems as good as most, they even called to confirm my order, fast shipping, and a very good product.

John

John Shuk
01-10-2005, 2:29 PM
This is good opportunity for people to pick up a first aid kit as well. I think every shop should have one.

Jim O'Dell
01-10-2005, 4:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one while home at lunch. I've never heard of a setup that works for those of us that wear glasses. Jim.

David Wilson
01-10-2005, 4:53 PM
Just recieved mine today and they seem to work great.

Harish C. Mathur
01-10-2005, 5:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine. Hopefully my head is "big" enough for the large size! It will be nice to have a set-up that lets me wear my glasses!