PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

keith micinski
12-21-2010, 2:20 PM
I bought a 16/32 Performax a few months ago and these came with it. I looked in the manual and didn't see anything on them. I think maybe they belong to something else and just happened to get shipped along with it.

Matt Day
12-21-2010, 2:31 PM
Oh no! You didn't install those!!!!!!!!

;)

Mark Ashmeade
12-21-2010, 2:35 PM
They're contoured foam blocks :)

Roger Bullock
12-21-2010, 2:39 PM
Look like muffler bearings to me but you have them reversed, the one on the right is actually a left hand bearing. Seriously they look like shipping bumpers to me. Usually placed around machines and parts to keep them from causing damage to the machine, paint, and parts on its long ocean voyage.

Will Overton
12-21-2010, 2:45 PM
They look like the guides that keep the conveyor belt from going too far off track.

Richard Bell CA
12-21-2010, 2:54 PM
Keith:

Do they look like this?

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/tracker-kit-p-449046.html

If so, they are addressed in the Jet manual (formerly Performax)

http://www.lexington.woodworkersguild.org/shop/manuals/Performax%20-%20Jet%2016-32%20Drum%20Sander%20Manual.pdf

Good Luck

Richard

Brian Tymchak
12-21-2010, 4:09 PM
They look like the guides that keep the conveyor belt from going too far off track.

+1 on that. They go on the underside of the conveyor table. Magnetic I think. ...TIC.. they're >supposed< to keep a poorly manufactured conveyor belt with a big bubble from crashing into the side of the table and sanding the paint off the top of the base.... didn't work..

first pic - I tried putting both on one side to control the bubble

second pic - the bubble in the belt took the paint of the base before I understood what was going on

third pic - the bubble, after all the adjustment I could put into the table.

keith micinski
12-21-2010, 4:23 PM
So they are the tracker things. Now I just need to figure out how to use them. I guess from the description in the manual I pictured them being something different.