PDA

View Full Version : Ax Men

Mark Hubl
12-21-2010, 1:24 AM
This is a bit OT, and the mods can move it if you feel compelled, but I figure there may be more tree cutters in this group then else where. Anybody watching this show? Are these guys scary or what? I am liking it. Could be a little faster paced. They tend to really drag things out in these reality shows. Thought the swamp guys were going to blow themselves up.

Kirk Miller
12-21-2010, 1:34 AM
I think its a great show. I watch it faithfully. My grandfather was a logger. There are some real characters out in the woods

alex carey
12-21-2010, 2:25 AM
watched an episode or two, felt really fake. Seemed like it was all drama and no logging. Then again it's a show so it has to be.

Tim Thiebaut
12-21-2010, 6:30 AM
I do watch it, however I havnt watch the newest show yet, it is still on my tivo, just havnt gotten to it yet this week. I prefer the show American Loggers just because they are from back home in Maine, and I miss home. The one crew on Ax men with the father and son team, I think it is Rygards? The father Craig, is a psyco...after his behavior last year he showed his true colors.

Tom Winship
12-21-2010, 8:31 AM
I prefer Swamp Loggers myself. A little more family oriented, I think. Not every second word is bleeped, unlike AM. I have heard Bobby Goodson is the real deal.

Roger Chandler
12-21-2010, 10:14 AM
I will give +1 to the swamp loggers.............If they could only keep there equipment running! I guess without the trials of broken machinery, :eek: then the show would not have any drama at all!:D

Mark Hubl
12-21-2010, 10:26 AM
+1 to swamp loggers too. That was probably why I checked out Ax Men. I usually only watch a couple of episodes of these reality things. They are pretty cookie cutter and repetitive. I guess that is why they just keep cranking them out.

Terry Beadle
12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I think both Ax Men and Swamp Loggers are fun to watch. Anything to do with logging is interesting. The equipment looks to be a big pain to maintain. Too much hydrolics.

It is dangerous work and the TV doesn't really have any way of really showing how dangerous it is.

They even show having a girl do the choker work...now there's a stroke for women's lib and well earned too. I sure hope she doesn't get hurt...scary.

Charles Wiggins
12-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I haven't seen any of the current season yet. I've been watching the older episodes on NetFlix. The thing that freaks me out the most is that none of the cutters ever wear eye protection. To me, that's insane.

Derek Gilmer
12-21-2010, 2:12 PM
AM is worth it just for the animations they do of the worst case scenarios. Here is what it would be like if the main line broke, the carriage bounced of four trees and pulled 42 sharp branches down on the crew! On that note, they tend to be a little over dramatic. I think every show ends with "tune in tomorrow to find out who dies".