PDA

View Full Version : Checking power out on ULS VLS4.60 and M-300

Ed Lang
12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I have use of a power meter today and would like to also check the power out on my ULS M-300 and VLS4.60. Do any of you know what I need to do in order to make the laser fire and run the test?

Dan Hintz
12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Place magnets on the door sensors. In the Control Panel, there's a system tab for checking on specs, aligning the table, etc. In the table section there should be a button for test firing the laser.

Mike Mackenzie
12-20-2010, 2:39 PM
Ed,

Turn system on wait for the ready screen.
Press escape
use the triangle key to move the cursor down to preferences press select
move down to diagnostics press select
select alignment and raise the power to 100 percent
select KHZ and raise it to 25 or the max press select

Use magnets on the top door you may have to move them around until you get the solid green lite on the keypad.

You must not be in focus when using the power meter press the left arrow key to move the head to the upper corner.

Use the XY button to fire the beam once your meter beeps three times press the XY button again to turn off the beam.

Be sure to wear safety glasses and keep your hands out of the system when testing. The beam will be on if you are UN sure move one of the top door magnets if the red light flashes the interlock is open and the beam will not fire.

For the VLS system you need to go into the UCP and then into the system tab launch the alignment mode.

Set the power to 100 and the frequency to the max

set the time to 6 seconds and configure the magnets for the top door

Position your meter OUT OF FOCUS and then click on the Activate Laser button

Keep your hands out of the system when the laser is activated after the six seconds it will shut off depending on your meter you may have to adjust this time accordingly.