PDA

View Full Version : Our Daughter

Mark J Bachler
01-05-2005, 11:40 AM
just graduated from Brown College in Minneapolis after a 2 year stint at Stout, with a degree in multi media graphic design. She pulled a straight 4.0 average & made the Deans List all the way through while working 40 hours a week. Now all she needs is a great job to pay off all those school loans.

You Go Melissa !!!!

Mark Singer
01-05-2005, 12:06 PM
WOW! You did a good job and have to be very proud!!!!!

Tim Morton
01-05-2005, 1:06 PM
Have her come to Vermont and I'll hire her!! We pay designers about 30k a year....and its maybe the MOST expensive rural part of the country to live in so a house will set her back about 500 large. But its a fun place to work :D (not really)

Dave Right
01-05-2005, 1:11 PM
That's impressive. I could not have made a 4.0 even if I did not work!

Tyler Howell
01-05-2005, 2:30 PM
My Alma Mater,

Congrats to both of you. Like that work ethic
They don't even teach the courses I studied waaaaaay back when.

Jim Becker
01-05-2005, 5:15 PM
Congratulations to Melissa! (And her parents, of course...) That's great news.

Jerry Olexa
01-05-2005, 5:29 PM
Mark you should be VERY Proud!!

Chris Padilla
01-05-2005, 5:49 PM
I had a good friend in undergrad for EE that pulled solid A's and graduated with a 4.0. He partied and messed around just as much as the rest of us. I just think he was one those special people that always "gets it" the first time.

Congrats, Mark. I can only imagine how proud I would be if my daughter could pull off something like that...we'll see...no pressure now! :) :D

Michael Stafford
01-05-2005, 5:51 PM
Wonderful achievement! She must come from good stock! The acorn does not fall far from the tree...

Ken Fitzgerald
01-06-2005, 8:46 AM
Congrats to you, you spouse and your daughter! No better feeling for a parent! Parenting.....no formal training, most difficult thing you'll do in life, most important thing you'll do in life, learn as you go! Mark.....you and yours passed your parenting finals with a 4.0!

Jackie Outten
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Mark,

Congratulations to you and your daughter. You must be bursting with pride.

Jackie

larry merlau
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
i bet your grin was as big as your heart that day :D definatly deserve everything she and her parnets can have. great job. and we all will benifit from it down the road. children can do wonders for us all.

Brian Buckley
01-08-2005, 9:46 AM
Congradulations Mark, I know how proud I was whem my two oldest daughters graduated from Collage. Now if I can get my 15 year old through HS and collage I might be able to retire some day.

I am looking for a graphic designer in my Houston opperation. We design and mfg. corrugated packaging and POP displays. If she has any interest in comeing South, let me know.

Brian

John Miliunas
01-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Mark, a real BIG Cheesehead "CONGRATS" to both, you and Melissa! Obviously, a job very well done by both of you! Most definitely an acoomplishment to be proud of. And Melissa, best of luck in getting a good position in your chosen field!:) :cool: