PDA

View Full Version : My New Lathe Picture plus Shop

Tim Thiebaut
12-19-2010, 7:55 PM
Well I havnt posted any pictures since I have been coming here, and now that my new lathe is here I thought I would post one of it, it even has shavings all over it, and one of my shop as others have done. As for my shop, what you see is what you get except that just to the right where you cant see in the picture is a few more cabinets, and directly behind me is all of my key machines and key blank wall in an alcove( I was a locksmith/safecracker for 3o years). Hope you all enjoy.

Michael James
12-19-2010, 7:59 PM
Nice set up Tim, thanks for sharing!

John Keeton
12-19-2010, 8:01 PM
Excellent shop area....but, an even better backdrop behind the lathe!!!!;):D

Tim Thiebaut
12-19-2010, 8:05 PM
Thanks guys, and aaahhhh....yea John I saw that after I had taken the picture, but what can I say, she has been with me up there for over 20 years in the same place on that wall, I couldnt take her down now!!

John Keeton
12-19-2010, 8:29 PM
Tim, I have a couple of calendars from Manny's Woodworking (now going out of business, BTW) from 1994 and 95 (or somewhere in there), and I still have them on the wall. Change the month every now and then, but not in relation to the actual passage of time!;)

Jon Prouty
12-19-2010, 8:34 PM
Excellent shop area....but, an even better backdrop behind the lathe!!!!;):D

I didn't even see the lathe at first....

Tim - nice setup! FWIW - I had a similar setup for a light until an out of balance blank sent my workplace a bouncing and I ended up with a broken CFL...

JP

Steve Schlumpf
12-19-2010, 8:44 PM
Tim - congrats on your new lathe! Looks like you have quite the setup! Enjoy!

Rich Aldrich
12-19-2010, 9:12 PM
Tim - Nice shop and nice lathe set up.

Baxter Smith
12-19-2010, 9:39 PM
I have been on this forum too long. I didn't even notice the backdrop. Had to go back and look. Nice lathe too!:)