PDA

View Full Version : Wishing you Happy Holidays!

Belinda Barfield
12-17-2010, 10:01 AM
And lots of milk and cookies . . . Creekers are the best!

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1

David G Baker
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I have already overdosed on cookies and will be searching for a local Weight Watchers after Christmas.
Love the Christmas dog. Right back at you on the Holiday wishes.

Rod Sheridan
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
I hope everyone has a great holiday over the Christmas period.

I'm starting vacation at aproximately 17:00 today, won't be back to work until January 6.

My great plans?

- enjoy my familly friends and neighbours

- spend lots of shop time

- spend lots of goofing off time.

Between the work schedule this year and my moms illness and death in November, it's been hectic to say the least.

I'd like to say thanks to all my SMC friends for everything you've taught me this year, and the humour you've provided.

Regards, Rod.

Ted Calver
12-17-2010, 1:25 PM
Belinda,
Best holiday wishes to you and all the other Creekers who make this such a fun and informative place....and extra milk and cookies for Keith, Aaron, Jackie and our Moderators. Happy Holidays!!

Norris Randall
12-18-2010, 6:44 PM
Thank you Belinda and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you.
(you may have to click on the reindeer to make him giddyup)

Bruce Page
12-18-2010, 9:12 PM
Back at you Belinda. May you & yours have a safe, wonderful Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Jim Koepke
12-18-2010, 9:39 PM
And lots of milk and cookies . . . Creekers are the best!

Thanks Belinda.

I have already had trouble with my holiday cookie baking. Made some chocolate chocolate chip cookies. (There should actually be another chocolate, or two, in there since I sometimes use as many as 4 different chocolates in the ingredients.)

Anyway, used my cell phone for the timer, set it to 08 at 375ºF. Was loading the cookies on the next sheet and noticing that the cookie dough seemed a little thicker this time. Then I loaded up the dough on the third sheet and though it was taking a bit long for the timer to go off. Then I could start smelling cookies.

My past experience is when you can start smelling cookies they may have been in a little long. I opened the oven and they did not look bad. Of course, how can you tell with dark chocolate colored cookie dough?

I checked the timer on my cell phone and it was clear that I had gone almost 12 minutes and had set it to 08 hours.

Well the first sheet wasn't too bad and I like a crunchy cookie.

When the second sheet was put in, I picked up the recipe that was printed out from my computer to see where I could insert a note to remind me to set minutes and not hours since my cell phone is my main timer.

That is when I noticed I forgot to put in the eggs and vanilla.

OK, the cookies were still pretty good and I have since reset the recipe to make it more difficult to not see all the ingredients and include them in the order they should be blended in.

Anyway, here is what we are printing for Christmas cards this year:

174349 174348

The white space on the side of the one is so it can be sized and then printed on glossy paper to fold and fit in a standard envelope. I haven't worked on the other one yet.

jtk

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

ray hampton
12-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Merry christmas everyone+happy new year

Randy Moore
12-19-2010, 1:51 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE HERE
or
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE HERE and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
I don"t do a lot of posting 'cause I am still learning the basics. But I do read a lot in here.
Rod I know that you're ready for this year to be over with. Sorry for your loss.

Steve Schlumpf
12-19-2010, 5:02 PM
Merry Christmas Belinda and everyone! Thanks for the video - it was very cute!

Mark Eisen
12-19-2010, 5:30 PM
Merry Christmas every one.

Warren Johnson
12-20-2010, 3:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all the great people on SMC and to those who keep it running.

Michael James
12-21-2010, 8:39 PM
Happy holidays to you too Belinda! I have a couple of hounds that are as good watchdogs as that little guy in the video! Cute movie, thanks for the up!
Michael

Don Bullock
12-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Happy Holidays to you as well.

Doug W Swanson
12-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll be heading to Arizona in a few days and will be there from Dec 24th thru Dec 31. We are spending Christmas with my in-laws and it will be a much needed break from all this snow we have in MinneSNOWta!

Stay safe everyone!

Mike Wilkins
12-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Be sure to hug all your kin folk and please eat too much. The treadmill is waiting for me.

Rob Cunningham
12-23-2010, 1:26 PM
Thanks Belinda.
Merry Christmas to you and all of my Creek family

Chris Kennedy
12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Peace on Earth and good will to everyone.

Chris

Tim Morton
12-24-2010, 6:19 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...here's to hoping for a happier and healthier new year!!!

Belinda Barfield
12-24-2010, 6:56 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...here's to hoping for a happier and healthier new year!!!

Amen to that, Tim!

Mike Cruz
12-25-2010, 6:21 AM
Sure, Belinda, rub it in... We didn't make cookies this year (first time in forever). So, I didn't get to lick up all the batter, no testing the first two or three of each batch, and no finishing up whatever didn't fit on the plates that we were giving out. :mad: Sure, enjoy the cookies, she says...

Merry Christmas to all. Stay warm, insided and out.

Rich Engelhardt
12-25-2010, 6:47 AM
Wishing you Happy Holidays!

Back @ ya!!!!

Merry Christmas!

(make mine Vidallia's and a cold Killians instead of the cookies and milk though ;) )

David G Baker
12-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Belinda,
Did you get any snow today? Friends of mine in northern Georgia are having a White Christmas.
Merry Christmas.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Belinda Barfield
12-25-2010, 1:33 PM
Belinda,
Did you get any snow today? Friends of mine in northern Georgia are having a White Christmas.
Merry Christmas.

No snow. I considered driving upstate a little just to see snow on Christmas but decided against it. We'll just have rain (90% chance), 30 mph wind, high of 41 and low of 24 tomorrow. Miserable weather without the fun snow part!