PDA

View Full Version : Shop Companion

Dave Richards
01-04-2005, 7:44 PM
I thought I'd show you my shop companion. Don't know gender or even variety but it is a good friend. Adds a bit of color, never complains, doesn't eat much (actually, what do they eat? It's probably hungry) and doesn't take up much room. It kind of goes dormant when I turn the thermostat down and wakes up when I warm it up again to work.
http://www.woodshopphotos.com/albums/Dave-R1s-Album/Companion.jpg
Anybody know what it is? Butterfly? Moth? What kind?

Todd Burch
01-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I'd call it a moth with that big fat body and curb-feeler style antenae.

Boy, that brings back memories. Didnt those curb feelers add some kinda stylin' to cadillacs...? ;)

Mark Singer
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I have the cutest gray mouse...tiny and a good little woodworker in my shop..he loves the router mat

Jeff Sudmeier
01-05-2005, 8:36 AM
I have a couple mice as well, but they aren't wanted! One day I came in the shop and one was peaking up out of the scrap pile at me! I think I got him that night with the trap though :( :)

Dan Gill
01-05-2005, 9:19 AM
I'd call it a moth with that big fat body and curb-feeler style antenae.

Boy, that brings back memories. Didnt those curb feelers add some kinda stylin' to cadillacs...? ;)

Quick rule of thumb: If it folds its wings up vertically, it's a butterfly. If it folds its wings back along its body, it's a month.

Dave Richards
01-05-2005, 9:26 AM
Dan, my little friend's wings fold up vertically so it must be a butterfly, huh?

As to you guys with the mice in your shops, maybe you need to stop going out there with the peanuts to watch the game. :D