PDA

View Full Version : Beall buffing and Ren wax?

Bill Bolen
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I've been using the standard Beall buff system for a few years now. I was recently given a can of Ren wax and after reading all the good comments about it I'm anxious to give it a try. Since this is a soft wax unlike the Carnuba that comes with the Beall system I'm sure the process of loading the wheel with wax is somewhat different. I'm thinking one would apply the wax with a soft cloth to the piece and then take it to the buffing wheel. Is this correct?...Thanks for any advice...Bill...

Lee Koepke
12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
My first time using the Beall was for my first bowl ... and thats how we applied it. Wiped it on, then off to the buffing wheel!

Steve Schlumpf
12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Bill - that's all I do. Depending on the piece, sometimes it is just as easy to use another soft cloth and wipe the Ren Wax off by hand. The Beall system works great with the red and white compounds but doesn't make that much of a difference when it comes to the Ren Wax - IMO.

John Keeton
12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Ditto on what Steve said - good stuff, though!!

dan carter
12-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Funny thing, it never occurred to me to apply it with a rag. It takes such a small amount that I apply it with my index finger.

Ken Glass
12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
X2 on what Dan said. I use a finger or two to wipe it on the piece and then use the Beall wax wheel to buff at 1800 RPM.

John Keeton
12-17-2010, 6:40 AM
I keep a very small piece of paper shop towel in the can that is soaked from multiple uses. Goes on very quickly and evenly with that. If I have my buff wheels out, I will buff it with the wax wheel - otherwise, just a paper shop towel.