PDA

View Full Version : Brush or spray curio cabinet?

denis tuomey
12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
About up to the finishing part on a 8 shelf corner Curio Cabinet, daughter-in law wants it painted white, but cant decide on Acrilyc Latex Enamel or Oil Base Enamel, brush or spray ? Anyone have any suggestions as to what would be best ? Thanks

Phil Phelps
12-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Denis, if you are equiped to spray, that would be my suggestion. If you can't access the shelves and or can't remove the back, I'd brush it. Oil is much tougher than water base paints. White will age and turn darker over time. It doesn't mean it will turn yellow, it means if you try to touch it up a few years later, it won't blend. Oil brushes and levels out much better than water base. You live in Ft. Worth where you have access to many, good professional paint stores. Visit them and stay away from the home centers.

denis tuomey
12-16-2010, 2:40 PM
Appreciate your input Phil, although water base cleans up easier and dries quicker, I do prefer the properties of oil base. I dont have any kind of spray booth to spray in my 2 car garage so I guess I'll brush it. The back is together without the glass shelves and the front is not on yet so it shouldn't be to bad to do. Thanks again.