Ken Hill
12-16-2010, 6:13 AM
Im sure it will lighten a tad, but its the first call ive ever done in Bubinga
Formbys Tung Oil finish, Beall Buff, Echo insert with Shell Creek gutsert

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Calls/CMR4938/1128232491_8aUk6-L.jpg
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Calls/CMR4946/1128232442_nuWMB-L.jpg

John Keeton
12-16-2010, 6:15 AM
Would be nice if it stays this color!! Very nice - love the richness of this one. The smoke insert looks great with it.

Ken Hill
12-16-2010, 6:21 AM
LOL, looks like there was some condensation in the insert when I took the picture. I give every call one heck of a workout before I offer them for sale or send them out. Nothing like the ringing hail tone of a Mallard at 5:30 am to wake the neighbors up...and the kids haha! The wife is long gone to work but i will get her with a Predator call this evening!

Roland Martin
12-16-2010, 6:53 AM
Very nice, Ken. Great color combination. Best of luck with the Predator call:D

brian watts
12-16-2010, 7:39 AM
very nice as all aways...how do you like the gutsert? though about getting a few for the crow calls..i though about trying to make a duck call hope one day i get around to it. got a good swamp to hunt on the club land..

Steve Schlumpf
12-16-2010, 7:48 AM
First one of these I have seen with seasonable colors! Cool!

Ken Hill
12-16-2010, 8:43 AM
very nice as all aways...how do you like the gutsert? though about getting a few for the crow calls..i though about trying to make a duck call hope one day i get around to it. got a good swamp to hunt on the club land..

Would be good if you turned the crow call insert from the taper it has and used o-rings, as long as the o-rings grab the aluminum sufficiently...now if you can make your own crow guts then you should be golden. I like using them because the fear of splitting is all but gone....although I just split a cocobolo blank installing one of the gutserts LOL:(

Ken Hill
12-16-2010, 9:15 AM
Bubinga again, number 2 for the morning. Now its light enough to go cut firewood(actually the tractor has been running for an hour, the fliuds might be warm enough to work by now LOL!

This one got the full CA treatment
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Calls/CMR4950/1128296727_8eYHf-L.jpg

Baxter Smith
12-16-2010, 9:21 AM
Sharp looking calls!

John Keeton
12-16-2010, 9:22 AM
The smoke insert looks great with it.

LOL, looks like there was some condensation in the insert when I took the picture.

First one of these I have seen with seasonable colors! Cool!So......here is just one example of the difficulty of being horribly color blind!!!:eek: After I read the followup posts, and Steve's comment, I asked Ms. Keeton - "is this thing green?" "Well, yes, what color did you think it was!?!?!?"

Obviously, I didn't think it was GREEN!!

Roger Chandler
12-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm really liking these Ken, I am certain the ducks will love them as well :eek: :D ;)

You do nice work!

David E Keller
12-16-2010, 3:16 PM
Nice looking calls. I must admit that the green mouthpiece is a bit distracting for me, but then, as a non-hunter, I view these aesthetically with no functional consideration.

Rick Robbins
12-17-2010, 8:59 AM
Both are Great looking call's. Rick