View Full Version : For the Blues? Horsemen, Hellcats, Bearcats & Angels

Jim Koepke
12-15-2010, 1:54 PM
Great history, may need tissue.

http://rightnetwork.com/episodes/860061618

jtk

John M Wilson
12-15-2010, 3:18 PM
And I thought, what will I need tissue for?

And then I watched it, and needed the tissue.

Something about the combination of men from the Greatest Generation, and the machinery that they helped make into legends...

Charlie Reals
12-15-2010, 7:43 PM
My first memory of the angels was the Grumman panthers in 1953-54. I had a rooftop seat to all the Fleet week air shows and practices were performed over the area for days before. That was when the Bay Area was "a Navy Town". Lot of tears of joy on this one.

Jim Rimmer
12-15-2010, 8:58 PM
Great video. Thanks for the link. How do you find this stuff? :)

Jim Koepke
12-16-2010, 1:50 AM
How do you find this stuff?

Some is just found by following obscure links found during searches. Others come up on a computer user group or links sent by friends. We all kind of like to see the wonders of the world from our easy chair.

Those who wander see more wonder than those who do not stray from the beaten path.

jtk

Lee Schierer
12-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Great link, Thanks.

The Blues have always been my favorites. I've seen them live in four different jets.

Charlie Reals
12-16-2010, 1:26 PM
Great link, Thanks.

The Blues have always been my favorites. I've seen them live in four different jets.

I have seen six if my count is correct.
http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/history.htm
They are all impressive shows butt my favorite will always be the F9 Panther. Just as they spoke of the difference in handling on the old prop jobs the comparison of the f9 to today's F18 would be like a biplane

Belinda Barfield
12-16-2010, 1:36 PM
Thanks Jim. Wonderful video. To see such pride in service and love of flight will definitely bring on a tear.

Heather Thompson
12-16-2010, 1:41 PM
I am proud to say that my father made the face shields for the Blue Angels during the 60's 70's, and most notable he also made the face shield for the first man on the moon. When the lunar craft landed my Dad was taking pictures of the TV screen, I actually touched the mold that made the face shield.

Heather