PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly tech suport email concerning the G0698 - great information

Roger Chandler
12-15-2010, 1:15 PM
A couple days ago, I emailed Grizzly tech support about the issues the G0698 lathes were having recently. I know some have gotten their confidence shaken, and I wanted the straight information from Grizzly.

I received a response today from Bill Crofutt, who is an engineer and over QC. There have been some circuit boards [supplied by Toshiba, that were faulty. A very few] Grizzly is taking care of this issue, and should have customers reassured as they are working on a quick fix with Toshiba.

Here is the email I received.......it should restore confidence.

Hi Roger,

We are aware of a small percentage of electronics failing on our G0698 Wood Lathe. Presently we actually don't know why but nearly all seem to be circuit board failures. We are working with the circuit board supplier (Toshiba) to find a fast permanent solution. By all indications, there is a problem with the manufacturing of the circuit board as the vast majority of machines (yours for example) after several months of use are working trouble free. Those that fail have done so for the most part very soon after putting into service. Our Grizzly inspectors did not find a problem at the factory and when they arrived here, they again tested fine. Please be assured that we are working hard to correct the problem. I think this is one heck of a nice lathe and we have every intention of providing the highest level of support to our customers not only for the G0698 Lathe but all Grizzly products. No one likes to have products fail, but having failures is not necessarily an indication of a problem with Quality Control. In this case, we must rely on the engineering and manufacturing skills of the supplier of the electronics. Their problem has now become our problem too and we are both working towards a solution. However, I will say again the vast majority of these lathes are performing trouble free.

Thanks for your questions and I hope I have put your worries to rest.

Bill

Bill Crofutt
Quality Control Manager
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.