PDA

View Full Version : playing around

Gary Max
12-14-2010, 6:40 PM
The hollow form is Red Oak Crotch with some spalting---it was firewood.
Second is what I am calling a Aperitif Glass---BOW & HRB
I am going to turn a large batch and finish them all at once----if it ever warms up here.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
12-14-2010, 6:56 PM
Both are nice, but I'm partial to the little chalice -- cool.

John Keeton
12-14-2010, 7:46 PM
Some nice playin' around, Gary! They look really good together, actually, and I am with Jeff - really like the little chalice/goblet!

BTW, don't count on it warming up!!:eek: Looks like the artic blast is going to be in KY for awhile. Expecting an ice storm tomorrow nite here - hope the power stays on, and hope you don't get hit, too!

David E Keller
12-14-2010, 8:09 PM
Good work. I'm also partial to the little apertif glass. You guys are getting slammed with some cold weather, huh? If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Nicol's area got nearly 2 feet of snow the other day, so it could be worse!

Bernie Weishapl
12-14-2010, 8:50 PM
Both are great pieces and some nice work. I do like the chalice/goblet.

Doug W Swanson
12-14-2010, 9:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Nicol's area got nearly 2 feet of snow the other day, so it could be worse!

I'm not sure how much Jeff Nicol ended up with but we had about 20" here in the Twin Cities. So much snow that the Metrodome roof collapsed (it's where the MN Vikings play). Here's a video showing it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuxNLf87_Y

I really like the goblet but they are both very well done.

David Reed
12-14-2010, 9:08 PM
Both are really nice - both the forms and the wood is fabulous. I am not sold on the stem of the chalice; seems a bit heavy to my eye but otherwise love-em.

bob svoboda
12-15-2010, 9:19 AM
That's some cool playin' around.

Mark Hubl
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Those both look good. I like the form and the wood speaks for it self. Keep playin around.