PDA

View Full Version : Need blade recommendation for Bosch 1590EVSK jigsaw

Louis Brandt
12-14-2010, 1:56 PM
Hello,

I just bought the Bosch 1590EVSK jigsaw, but I haven’t used it yet. It came with three blades, but I assume that those might be just general purpose blades, so my question is, what blades should I buy if my primary objective will be getting smooth cuts in 3/4 inch material such as poplar or oak?

Thanks,
Louis

Von Bickley
12-14-2010, 2:29 PM
Check out several blades to see which one works for your needs. Also look at the Bosch "Progressor" blades.

Todd Hyman
12-14-2010, 2:31 PM
Get the "Clean Cut" blades ones from Bosch. I believe they are a progressive tooth blade and both HD and Lowes carry them. They are about the best baldes out there and will help reduce tearlout. You may have to put come blue painters tape on wood before cutting to reduce tearout.

Richard Wolf
12-14-2010, 2:36 PM
I always use 101D for a fine quality cut.

glenn bradley
12-14-2010, 2:40 PM
I use the T101AO for material up to 6/4 if I am after a clean cut. The T101B does well but is a bit more aggressive. The T234X Progressor is a great all around blade for materials up to 2" or more. Kinda like a combo blade is to a tablesaw; not the best for anything but good at a lot of things. Any of the "speed wood" blades; T144D, T244D and such are quick but not as clean. Bosch sells quite a few different combination packs. Lowe's had one on sale for about half price when I was in there yesterday.

Rick Moyer
12-14-2010, 3:39 PM
Ditto mostly what Glenn said. I found a pretty good list of all the Bosch blades and their recommended uses that I put in my tool case with the saw. I can't remember where I found it but it was a blade suppliers website IIRC. Definitely buy the Bosch blades. If you're coming to this jigsaw from a cheapo one you will amazed at the difference!

Bob Betker
12-15-2010, 2:51 PM
You also might want to look at the T308B, Xtra-clean for Wood blades. I've used them along with the Progressors and both are very nice blades. The Progressor is a little faster with a little rougher finish; while the Xtra-clean has a very smooth cut and cuts only a little slower than the Progressor.

David Helm
12-15-2010, 4:24 PM
I fully agree with the T101AO blades. They cut on both the upstroke and the downstroke and have a high tooth count (20tpi). This has become the only blade I use on the jigsaw.