PDA

View Full Version : my version of Terry Hatfield's sheet goods storage structure

Frank Pellow
01-04-2005, 5:50 AM
Last week in the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15121, Terry Hatfield showed us a clever storage area that he had built for sheet goods.

I adapted Terry's design to suit my shop and that little project is now finished. Three pictures are attached

(1) I built a third wall (well fourth if you count the little angled wall) around my cyclone, insulated that wall (it will be covered with plywood), and put vents at the top and bottom. The reason for the vents is that, some day, I will complete the enclosure of the cyclone and I know that some ventilation will be needed. Outside that wall, I built a structure very much like Terry's.

(2) I also painted the outside wall with chalk board paint (for both me and my grandchildren to use).

(3) I very much like the "both sides open" design that Terry used.

Thanks for the idea Terry! :) By the way, that is a picture of your structure nailed to the end of my wall.

Terry Hatfield
01-04-2005, 6:02 AM
Frank,

That turned out great!!! I'm glad I could help.

t

Randy Moore
01-04-2005, 7:10 PM
:cool: Frank,

I like the idea of the chalk board end, you can make sketches of projects and do some figgurin' and not have to search for pencil and paper.

Looks good. Terry started something good, as always.

Randy

Jim Dunn
01-04-2005, 7:17 PM
Frank,
Who's the artist??? Looking for design ideas? Have the kids draw up something they like then have them help you build it. Waiting for the day when I can get my grandaughter in the shop or on the deck of my boat.

By the way, looks like you spoil them a little.

John Miliunas
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Nice job Frank! Once I get my outside lumber storage area done, I'm going to attack the one inside the shop. You and Terry are giving me more ideas. Thanks!:) :D

Ted Shrader
01-05-2005, 1:06 PM
Frank -

I like the idea of a handy chalk board to make/revise sketches. Great idea. And you flattered Terry by using his design.

Ted

Byron Trantham
01-05-2005, 1:49 PM
Frank - Way Cool!!!! :D

Frank Pellow
01-05-2005, 5:49 PM
Frank -

I like the idea of a handy chalk board to make/revise sketches. Great idea. And you flattered Terry by using his design.

TedI am more than happy to flatter anyone who comes up with a design so well suited to my needs. :) Just keep the designs comming folks ... :)