PDA

View Full Version : Gloat and help moving a table saw

Jonathan Sestrich
12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey Everyone. I just bought a 2006 Delta unisaw with 50" Biesemeyer fence for $1400!!! It includes the mobile base and some blades. The guy bought it thinking he wanted to get into wood working but never did. He said his son used it twice, and it looks like it. There is not a sign of use on the saw at all. I am supper excited!!!!!!!!

Now I have to move it from his basement!! I am planning on taking the extension tables and fence off and using a dolly to take it up the stairs. I am renting a trailer so we don't have to try and get it in and out of the bed of the truck. Here is what i am unsure about:
1. can i leave the saw on the mobile base and use a dolly or do i have to take it out?
2. Is there anything special i need to do inside the saw to brace or support anything so it doesn't get damaged while driving?? (i need to drive about 1hr on highway and side roads)
3. anything else i need to do that i am not thinking about?

Thanks all for the knowledge

Rod Sheridan
12-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a nice machine Jonathan, congratulations.

When I moved my cabinet saw I took the extension wings and fence rails off, then moved it downstairs on a two wheel dolly.

I don't see why you would need to take the base off unless it gets in the way.

Remember to strap the saw to the dolly.

Regards, Rod.

greg a bender
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Congrats on the great deal!

Make sure you have a couple of good strong friends along! Uni's are rather heavy. I had 2 other guys help me get mine off the pallet and it was one of those 'moments'.
Depending on the basement, you will probably want / need to remove the mobile base, I think it will just get in your way.
As far as bracing anything in the saw, mine came with a huge block of dense foam bracing the motor.

Good Luck!

Greg A.