PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your pendant and earring hardware?

Baxter Smith
12-13-2010, 9:43 PM
I recently got a pendant backer and have been making some sets of pendants and matching earrings for the ladies in my life.:)(Family) May have the cart before the horse, but now that I have drilled the holes, where might I come up with the hangers? for the earrings. Thanks for any suggestions.

David E Keller
12-13-2010, 9:57 PM
I bought mine at Hobby Lobby... Good selection for earrings but not so much for pendant hardware.

Mike Stephens
12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I get mine here (http://www.firemountaingems.com/).

Jim Sebring
12-13-2010, 11:13 PM
I've found a limited selection of 'findings' at Michael's. Try Firemountaingems.com for everything your heart desires. They're one of the big guns in the jewelry supply business. You could spend a whole day of turning time reading their catalog.Also take a look at beadstylemag.com. Their home page is loaded with ads for everybody in the jewelry supply business.

Don Nicholas
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
There is a very large store/wherehouse near where I live they have a website that has everything you need
www.shipwreckbeads.com (http://www.shipwreckbeads.com)

Baxter Smith
12-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have looked at the sites and there is more there than I
care to know. At least I know what an ear wire is now.:) There are a couple Michaels within a 30 minute drive so I will check them out tomorrow. If I order online and go the fish hook route, what is the part called that attaches the wooden disc with a hole in it to the lower ring in the hook. Do you just use some wire to make something similar to a split ring?
Thanks again for the jewelry lesson.:rolleyes::)

Scott Lux
12-14-2010, 7:28 AM
I think you're talking about a "jump ring". I need a few myself. To Michael's!!!

Ken Hill
12-14-2010, 7:54 AM
C'mon Baxter, post up some "In progression" pics! I need to try my hand at these!

Bernie Weishapl
12-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Baxter Wally World has them to.

Baxter Smith
12-14-2010, 12:31 PM
I think you're talking about a "jump ring". I need a few myself. To Michael's!!!
Thats it Scott, thanks!

C'mon Baxter, post up some "In progression" pics! I need to try my hand at these!
Not much to look at Ken but I will add some if I get them together later.

Baxter Wally World has them to.
Thanks Bernie. Just got back from Michaels with some parts that may work. IF there is a next time, I will try the 2 mile drive to Wally World as opposed to the 25 mile drive to Michaels. Can't say I have ever spent much time in the craft/jewelry stores.:)

Michael Ginsberg
12-14-2010, 2:22 PM
What you are looking for are called findings. I would recommend a place called Rio Grande. They are suppliers to the jewelry industry. I do not think you need to be in the industry though.
Michael