PDA

View Full Version : Small LED Panels

Ron Thompson
12-13-2010, 8:54 PM
Check Ebay #180501125729

I ordered 6 of these. Will try to engrave this weekend, but they do look cool. And only $3.29 each with free shipping.

Merry Christmas to All from Ron & Patrice Thompson
San Jose, CA USA

Tim Neal
12-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Cool! I'll check them out. Thanks.

Dee Gallo
12-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Are you designing your own stand for these, Ron? They appear to be designed to lay flat on a book. Interesting possibilities, I look forward to seeing what you do with them!

cheers, dee

Jim Good
12-14-2010, 10:47 PM
I also ordered a few of those just to see how they compare to the ones I offer. Dee, I wondered the same thing. They are designed to lay flat but it may not be too hard to design a stand for them. There are talented folks on Sawmill that can do it!

Dee Gallo
12-15-2010, 7:51 AM
Great, Jim, I'll check them out when you get them! I'd rather buy from a Creeker than a stranger. I have a theory for hanging them...

Thanks! dee

Gary Hair
12-15-2010, 3:02 PM
I ordered some too. For the price I couldn't pass them up. Hopefully they will laser well, otherwise I'll just use the led part on acrylic I have here.

Gary

Adam Orton
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I go to my local dollar store they sell a three blue LED, with stand and batteries with a nice unicorn or lion head in it. I found that an old CD case works well for a replacement. I put the picture that they sent up in the old Voyageur, you know the one, nekkid man and woman, peace sign, symbols and all under a dollar. I'm a hobbiest I like scrounged things..

Terry Swift
12-17-2010, 5:36 PM
I have a woodworker friend who crafts bases for / with LED's. He's wanting to get into doing more acrylic; but he doesn't have that capability - so we're going to tag team; as he makes photo puzzles and lots of other wood items that he hand crafts himself. I was looking for some nice wood frames for those 12 x 12 beveled mirror tiles like the sell and home improvement stores. I've looked quite a bit for decent 12 x 12's and some of the craft stores have them - but usually just plain jane or album cover frames.

Donald Ethredge
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Did you ever get around to engraving on these with any luck...

Gary Hair
05-03-2012, 1:11 PM
There is a good reason they are so inexpensive. Of the three I bought, two didn't work and the third didn't look so great - the light isn't very even across the acrylic. I ended up "recycling" them...