PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for including pics in post?

Mike Vermeil
01-03-2005, 7:41 PM
OK, I'm loosing patience & I've got to get to bed. Can someone please point me to the complete instructions of how to include pictures in your post. I've read bits and pieces in different threads, but can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Mike

Jim Becker
01-04-2005, 4:29 AM
Click on "Manage Attachements". A pop-up window will appear. Browse to the first picture you want to upload. It must be no more than 100kb in physical size and I recommend that it be no wider than 600-700 pixels to avoid distorting folks' screens and causing a lot of scrolling. Once you have located the picture on your hard drive, click on upload...and WAIT. Do no do anything else until the file is done uploading and appears in the list that forms just below those buttons. If you want to put more pictures up, repeat. You can put a maximum of five in a single post; if you need more, you'll need to do another reply to the thread and repeat the process.

Once you have all your photos uploaded, and they appear in the list, click "Close this window". Do NOT preview your post...your photos will be lost!! This is a known bug. Just complete any text and click on "Submit..." You are now done.

Ken Salisbury
01-04-2005, 4:34 AM
OK, I'm loosing patience & I've got to get to bed. Can someone please point me to the complete instructions of how to include pictures in your post. I've read bits and pieces in different threads, but can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Mike

When you wake up try this:

After and only after, you complete your new thread or a reply to a thread/post and you can select files to upload, do the following:

1. In “Additional Options” click “Manage Attachments”
2. A new window “Manage Attachments” should appear.
3. Click “Browse”
4. A new window “File Upload” should appear
5. Browse through your computer files and select the picture file you wish to upload by highlighting and clicking “open”.
6. The “Manage Attachment” window should reappear.
7. Click “Upload”

Caution: uploaded files must be smaller than 100K

8. The selected file should appear in the “Manage Attachments” window under “Current Attachments” listing the file name and file size.
9. If you want to upload more than one file repeat steps 3 through 7.
10. When you have uploaded all the files you wish to display click “Close This Window”
11. The uploaded files should appear listed in the “Manage Attachments” frame in the “Additional Options” section.
12. Click “Submit New Thread” or “Submit Message” whichever applies.

Caution: DO NOT hit "Preview Post" or "Preview Reply" before "Submitting" your post This action will result in losing the uploaded files and they will not appear in your post.

If your completed post needs modifications you can edit your post including adding/removing attachments after it has been posted.

Mike Vermeil
01-04-2005, 6:23 AM
Thanks guys. I just wasn't waiting long enough last night after hitting "upload." This morning it went much faster, and the list of uploaded files showed up as explained.

Thanks for the help.

Alfred Hoffmann
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Thank you guys for the information. Being new to this forum I also had problems uploading pictures. I now know why.

Alfred Hoffmann