PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on small "touch up" spray gun ??

John Snyder
04-10-2003, 9:56 AM
First, let me say, I only have a small compressor & all it will handle are the small "touch up" type guns ... they have 4 or 6 ounce capacity, which is plenty for my small scale projects. I've been doing some research on these guns & there's not alot to chose from ... I see Harbor Freight has a fairly decent gravity feed touch up gun for around $50. Just wondering if there's another "better" manufacturer out there who makes a comparable or better unit ? I imagine I'll be sacrificing some quality of finish with a smaller spray gun, but for occasional use, should be ok ... or do these type of guns really stink up the place ?

Any help would be appreciated - thx

JS (PS - it will only be used for spraying oil based poly & laquer...)

Keith Outten
04-10-2003, 11:34 AM
John,

Weeks ago I had my first opportunity to visit the Harbor Freight store in Norfolk. Amoung other purchases I bought a touch-up gun for $19.95 and it has been a great little gun. I have an HVLP gun with it's on compressor and at least two full sized guns for my shop compressor. As I have been shooting laquer on lots of plaques over the last few months I found the new touch-up gun to be just the ticket...in fact I prefer this gun for everything other than large pieces of furniture and very small boxes.

I also bought one of their mini guns, just a bit larger than an air brush, I think it was about eight bucks. The mini-gun is just right for shooting small boxes and engraved items.

Sometimes the inexpensive stuff really is a bargain.

John Snyder
04-14-2003, 5:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keith Outten
John,

Weeks ago I had my first opportunity to visit the Harbor Freight store in Norfolk. Amoung other purchases I bought a touch-up gun for $19.95 and it has been a great little gun. I have an HVLP gun with it's on compressor and at least two full sized guns for my shop compressor. As I have been shooting laquer on lots of plaques over the last few months I found the new touch-up gun to be just the ticket...in fact I prefer this gun for everything other than large pieces of furniture and very small boxes.

I also bought one of their mini guns, just a bit larger than an air brush, I think it was about eight bucks. The mini-gun is just right for shooting small boxes and engraved items.

Sometimes the inexpensive stuff really is a bargain. [/QU

Keith - thanks ALOT !!

John