PDA

View Full Version : Buffing System!!

Randy Meijer
01-03-2005, 5:25 PM
I would like to have a little buffing system like the Beall 3-wheel system. Thinking about building my own because $90 seems a bit pricey for the Beall sysem. Anyone know a good source for buffing wheels?? The places I have found, so far, have one or two of the wheels used in the 3 wheel system; but not all three. Thanks!!

Dick Parr
01-03-2005, 5:59 PM
I just use 6" wheels and it seems to do fine and they are all the same kind. I just use the 3 different compounds like the real buffing system. :D I think I paid $6 each for them a flee market. I also found some 3" bowls buffs there for I think it was $7 each. They work just great. :D

Some day I might move up to the Beall buff but for now this does just fine. ;)

Jack Hogoboom
01-04-2005, 5:49 AM
Randy,

I just got the new Grizzly catalog and they have a ton of different buffing wheels in there.

I've read that people don't like the three-wheel system because one of the other wheels can get in the way when you are trying to buff. When I bought mine, I bought individual buffing wheels.

Good luck!!

Jack

Randy Meijer
01-12-2005, 3:11 AM
Thanks, guys!! I, too, just got a Grizzly catalog and it looks like they will be able to solve my problem.

The three wheel system will not be a problem for me as I am only making pens and other small items. I agree that for bigger items like bowls that a single wheel set-up is the way to go.

Gary Max
01-12-2005, 7:53 AM
Randy for pens three wheels is the way to go for pens. Once you get it set up you will never go back.

Anthony Yakonick
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks, guys!! I, too, just got a Grizzly catalog and it looks like they will be able to solve my problem.

The three wheel system will not be a problem for me as I am only making pens and other small items. I agree that for bigger items like bowls that a single wheel set-up.

Just wait :D