PDA

View Full Version : Never seen a shovel like this before.

Dave Lehnert
12-12-2010, 7:33 PM
When you think you seen it all. Gets great reviews too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001I7JWTO/ref=s9_al_bw_ir01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=1APFPB4NBPGWK38BB7V9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1276352322&pf_rd_i=2419424011

John Coloccia
12-12-2010, 7:42 PM
Looks like it might be useful towards the back of a parade.

Steve Friedman
12-12-2010, 9:12 PM
OK, I'll admit that I bought one last year and used it a bit. Neat concept and it does work as advertised - throws the snow really far. The problem was the abnormal snowfall amounts last year (in NJ) because I don't think any human-powered device would have worked.

My biggest problems is its size. It's really big when assembled and takes up more space in the garage than a snow blower would. On the other hand, it's easy to disassemble and store in the off season, but not so easy as to make it worth disassembling after every use.

I was considering a snow blower this year, but am sure that if I bought one we wouldn't have any snow for years!

Hopefully the snow will come in smaller chunks. No doubt that this contraption would be great for a 12" snowfall if we ever get those. We tend to get nothing or more than a foot. Seems that global warming has done away with the 8" - 12" snowfalls in NJ for the time being. Not sure how much snow you get in Cincy, but assume that you're far enough south to be spared the typical northeast snowstorms.