PDA

View Full Version : Anyone set up at a Flea Market

Dean Fowell
12-12-2010, 4:46 PM
I was looking at setting up at a Flea Market has anyone else done this ?

M John McDonough
12-12-2010, 6:53 PM
I did one yesterday in Tucson Az. I sandblast beer mugs and mirrors with car stuff and hunting and fishing designs, Things a gal would buy for her man. I Sat there 8 hours and sold one mug. I went with 75 mugs and 12 mirrors. I figured with Christmas comming.........
I sell these on line for $12.50 + shipping of $9.50 and have sold a lot of them. At the swap I was asking $10.00 and was getting laughed at because my prices were "way out of range". Needless to say, I ain't going back there. I would rather give them away then get screwed over by some idiot offering $2-$3.
Depends on where you are at tho and what you sell.
Mike

Jim Finn
12-12-2010, 7:00 PM
I sell at craft fiars and flea markets. The things that sell well are under $20. I have sold about $500 worth of stuff total, the last two Saturdays.

Dean Fowell
12-12-2010, 8:45 PM
Well I was thinking about just doing a bunch of laserbuzz stuff and putting it out there, I was looking at one in Atlanta one has already someone doing one, I dont really what to take my laser with me but maybe get a smaller one if people see they might get interested and buy,

Jim Good
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Buzz lives in Atlanta so maybe it's him!!!

Tom Buzz Bernard
12-14-2010, 3:51 PM
We only create we do not produce for any shows, but I did run into one of our customers who said he just made $12,000 at a craft show.

Said that was one of his smaller shows this year. He told me he only attends the big shows (not sure what that means) I assumed week long shows. Not heard from many who have done flea markets. At Christmas time almost anywhere for exposure can be good for sales (I did say almost) :) What happened to those fun icons? :) I found them.

Dan Hintz
12-14-2010, 4:16 PM
I did run into one of our customers who said he just made $12,000 at a craft show.
Net, or gross? A lot of leeway in that one...

Brad Ports
12-14-2010, 4:19 PM
We have some friends who have a permanent booth at the Raleigh Flea Market and our stuff compliments what they do. I have put about 2 dozen different things in their booth for about the last 6 months. Much of it samples of custom items and I have to say that what little business we have gotten from it doesn't make me want to do it in person. We have had 6 or 7 orders that average $25-$60. Not a great money maker.

Tom Buzz Bernard
12-14-2010, 4:26 PM
Net, or gross? A lot of leeway in that one...

One would have to assume gross, and I took him at his word. Either way I was happy for him:)

mark anizan
12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
We go to a Market days once a month in Rockport Texas.We usually sell enough to make it worth our time.We also get several special orders at the shows.We have a combination of wood crafts,lasered products and sublimated. Biggest downfall is that I loose several sales each time because many people who like my pens want them personalized while they wait.We are looking into a small laser to take with us.

Dean Fowell
12-15-2010, 6:07 PM
Hey Thanks ,

Tom, I love your designs Im very excited I think we will do well, Because I have been burning wood all week to perfect and get quicker, I might need to buy another laser to put at a flea market, So i can still use my one at the shop at home , hey where are the icons