PDA

View Full Version : Sorby Ultima vs. JT Tools Transformer to use w/ Monster Artic. arm

Michael Ginsberg
12-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I recently bought the Monster Articulated Arm. I wanted to get an articulated cabide cutter to use for hollowing. Sorby makes the Ultima and JT Tools makes the Transformer. Which would be better ? Does anybody have any experience with these on the Monster Arm?
Thank you.

Joe Meirhaeghe
12-12-2010, 8:07 PM
Michael

I have a friend who just bought the sorby Ultima hollowing tool and put it in his boring bar. He had been using the Rolly Munro & the Exorcet in his boring bar. He said that it cut very aggressively, as this is how he had it set. The depth of cut is adjustable like on the Rolly Munro. He said that he really liked the new sorby and will probably switch to using it most of the time from now on. He also said he wanted me to try it out on the next piece I hollow so I'm looking forward to trying it out too.
I have not seen or no anything about the JT tools

I recently bought the Monster Articulated Arm. I wanted to get an articulated cabide cutter to use for hollowing. Sorby makes the Ultima and JT Tools makes the Transformer. Which would be better ? Does anybody have any experience with these on the Monster Arm?
Thank you.