PDA

View Full Version : Wood River Benchtop Mortiser.....Steelcity?

George Farra
12-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi Everyone

Just noticed that Woodcraft is selling a benchtop hollow chisel mortiser under the Wood River name. It looks surprisingly identical to the Steel City unit. Specs appear to be the same as well.

Anyone have any info on this unit. I've got a small budget so I'm definately interested in this offering as its selling for less than the Steel City unit. My other alternative is the Delta 14-651 benchtop unit

TIA

George

George Farra
12-12-2010, 9:18 PM
nobody has any info on this??

Brett Robson
12-12-2010, 9:41 PM
If I might hazard a guess, It may be too soon for anyone to have personal experience with the Wood River version as it has only recently been released. I agree that it appears to be a re-badged version of the Steel City unit.

I own the Steel City version and have been pleased with it overall. I believe the general consensus is its a solid unit and is well respected.

Don Bullock
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I agree with Brett. This is the first time I've heard of the Woodriver mortiser, but you are correct in saying that it looks like the Steel City mortiser and it has the same specs. This type of renaming of tools has become more and more common at Woodcraft in recent years. Their Woodriver brand actually a conglomeration of many other brands.