PDA

View Full Version : Any Creekers Near Reston, VA?

Todd Burch
01-03-2005, 4:08 PM
I'll be traveling on business mid January to Reston, VA. Any Creekers in the area that might want to buy me dinner and show off their shop??!! LOL!!! Actually, a peanut butter sandwich and good conversation would be fine by me!! I might try to get down to Colonial Williamsburg on the 15th while I'm there.

Let me know. Todd

Jim Becker
01-03-2005, 4:25 PM
Shucks...you picked the time period that I'll be in Dallas and Denver, or I would have drove down to hang out! Keith Starosta works in Tysons Corner/McLean right down the road from Reston...maybe he can meet you somewhere.

Jack Hogoboom
01-04-2005, 4:48 AM
Sorry, Todd. A little South of me. But if you're ever in the NY metropolitan area, just let me know and we'll lay the trough out for you.

Jack

Bill Sampson
01-04-2005, 5:32 AM
Todd,
I am located south of Reston, but if you are traveling to Wmsbrg.,on the 15th., you will be close to my home in Chesterfield, and welcome to stop for a visit. Colonial Wmsbrg. will be hosting a seminar on building a Virginia highboy desk that week but unfortunately it is booked. Many woodworkers from across the US will be there.
E-mail me if you may be coming my way.
Bill Sampson

Aaron Koehl
01-04-2005, 6:34 AM
Well, my office being literally a 5 minute walk from Colonial Williamsburg, you, Keith, and I will have to do lunch.. :D

Dave Anderson NH
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Roger Myers and I will be arriving in the Williamsburg area around 2-3PM Saturday the 15th for the 18th century furniture conference. Along with us, Carl Eyman will also be arriving that day and all of us are staying at the Best Western Patrick Henry. We'll all be pretty tied up from Noon Sunday on, but before that we are free. I already called Jackie and she was going to get back to me about Aaron, Keith and herself.

Keith Starosta
01-04-2005, 1:14 PM
Hey Todd, Jim was right, I work in Tysons Corner, which is about a fifteen minute drive (on a good day!!) to Reston. OR...if you are indeed going to head down to Williamsburg, I live about five minutes off I-95 in Fredericksburg (halfway between D.C. and Richmond). Drop me a PM. You're more than welcome to drop by my meager shop. :)

Keith

Aaron Koehl
01-04-2005, 2:40 PM
Sounds like we might have a nice little get-together.. :)

Todd Burch
01-04-2005, 5:58 PM
Man, this is starting to sound like it might be a small party!!

Anyone want to organize a group event on that end? I'm up for anything, as long as it meets the following criteria:

1) it's legal &
2) it won't get me in trouble with the Mrs.!

Maybe Saturday dinner? And/or cold beverages and shop talk?

WOO-HOO!!

Jackie Outten
01-04-2005, 8:00 PM
Todd,

We are going to get together for Saturday dinner. I will talk to Aaron and see what restaurant he recommends and we can all meet there once a time has been decided.

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys.

Anyone else in the area that wants to come, feel free. It would be a great opportunity to meet your fellow creekers.

Jackie

Roger Myers
01-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Just got off the phone with Dave Anderson...I missed a couple of posts here I guess....must have been dozing :) This is going to be great!! Really looking forward to meeting all of you, although I feel like I know many of you already!!
Roger

Aaron Koehl
01-06-2005, 9:47 AM
Good deal.. I'll post some restaurant suggestions for my area on Sunday.

Ted Shrader
01-06-2005, 10:10 AM
All -

Sounds like fun. Depending on events, we will make the trip up from Virginia Beach.

Ted

Aaron Koehl
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey all..

I have a couple of (reasonably priced) suggestions, so let me know what you think. Being a Saturday, the restaurants in the area fill up quick, and there aren't too many to choose from. I've included three:

King's Arms Tavern: If you want something with a historic feel, being here in Williamsburg, the King's Arms Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg is pretty good. The food used to be better, but it's still good.
Outback Steakhouse: They have call-ahead seating now, and a menu to suit most tastes, and large round tables.
The Polo Club: Right near Jamestown, a "must eat" place in Williamsburg. Cozy.

I've left off the pricier restaurants, but I don't mind going if that's the concensus. Hey, it's not about the restaurant anyway with such great company, right? ;)

Dave Anderson NH
01-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I can't speak for the others, but I'll eat just about anything. It'll appear obvious once you meet me.

My only suggestion would be to pick a place where they don't need to turn us out quickly to seat others. I suspect we'll have a bunch to talk about. How about also setting a time and place before the end of the week. Roger and I'll be on the road all day Friday and should hit Wmsburg some time after 2PM on Saturday.

Todd Burch
01-10-2005, 9:32 PM
Just call me "go along, get along". Just don't call me late for dinner. ;)

Bill Sampson
01-11-2005, 2:24 PM
Aaron,
All the places you mentioned sound great. Why don't you pick a place and time. No one will be disappointed with your choice.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Aaron Koehl
01-13-2005, 3:29 PM
Alrighty everyone,

Let's consider the Olive Garden on Richmond Road (Rt. 60), at 6:00.
Email me if you'd like my cellphone number, in case you need further directions once you're in the area.

Chris Padilla
01-13-2005, 3:42 PM
We want lottsa PICS!!!!!! :D Lets see how much food Todd can shove in his mouth at once.... ;)

Keith Outten
01-13-2005, 7:53 PM
Chris,

We have lots of digital cameras and a duty driver so pictures shouldn't be a problem...before the beverages :)

A good time will be had by all, anyone who is interested in attending don't be shy its not too late to join us for dinner in Williamsburg.