PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Guilds in Northwestern Ohio/Northeastern Indiana

Jim Paulson
12-10-2010, 7:52 AM
Hey,

Any tips on woodworking clubs/guilds in my area?:) I recently relocated to northwestern, Ohio, and Hicksville, Ohio, where I live, is real close to the Indiana line.

Jim

Matt Meiser
12-10-2010, 8:16 AM
You might check with the Woodcraft in Fort Wayne. There is a club that meets at the high school in Bowling Green but that would be quite a haul for you. That corner of Ohio is so sparsely populated that I'd be surprised if there's something closer but you never know.

Mark Wyatt
12-10-2010, 9:18 AM
You might check with the Woodcraft in Fort Wayne.

The manager at the Woodcraft in Indy told me yesterday that the Woodcraft in Fort Wayne is closing. FYI.

Mike Siemsen
12-10-2010, 9:40 AM
The society of Period Furniture Makers SAPFM has an active group in Ohio
as well as Indiana.
They have very good meeting a couple of times a year.
Mike

Matt Meiser
12-10-2010, 10:04 AM
The manager at the Woodcraft in Indy told me yesterday that the Woodcraft in Fort Wayne is closing. FYI.

Someone posted that rumor here several months ago too.

Jim Paulson
12-10-2010, 1:05 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really don't mind driving a bit to a meeting.

Mike,
I've been wanting to attend a SAPFM meeting. Maybe I'll do it in 2011.

Mark and Matt,
Regarding the Ft. Wayne Woodcraft store, it is hard not to be wowed after you see the Woodcraft store in Indy.

I've been in the Fort Wayne store a few times, however I manage to visit the Toledo store much more frequently.

Jim

Phil Hirz
12-12-2010, 7:27 PM
The next SAPFM meeting in Ohio is in March about half an hour east of Columbus. It would be a drive for you, but it would be worth it since the meeting lasts two days. I live in the Cincinnati area and plan to stay in a nearby hotel one night. I believe there are meeting details on the SAPFM forum. Once you join SAPFM you can email Dave Conley and he will give you the address and any other relevant details.

SAPFM is an awesome organization with many great events all of the country at all times of the year. You won't be sorry you joined.

-Phil

Jim Paulson
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
The next SAPFM meeting in Ohio is in March about half an hour east of Columbus. It would be a drive for you, but it would be worth it since the meeting lasts two days. I live in the Cincinnati area and plan to stay in a nearby hotel one night. I believe there are meeting details on the SAPFM forum. Once you join SAPFM you can email Dave Conley and he will give you the address and any other relevant details

Thanks Phil. I'm already a member of SAPFM, but I haven't had a chance to attend a meeting.

Shawn Russell
12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
That is a bummer.. I first got started at that store. Really nice folks. Fort Wayne has just lost so many jobs.