PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0715P hybrid

Bill Blackburn
12-09-2010, 1:14 PM
Anyone here seen this thing or used it or maybe eaten off a wing of one. lol

My son is looking at one online - for about $750 it seems fairly priced for what it is. He wants a RK on a saw and this hits a sweet spot with his checkbook . I've always had good luck with Grizz stuff but this being a new model and all I'd love some input to forward to him.

I said to keep looking for a nice used saw in TC's but he says he never sees them anymore that don't want dang near new pricing. And he like the word "warranty" I know.

Even quality heresey is acceptable - this bugger is something I didn't even know was out there. He's a yard stick away from pulling the plug I sense.

gracious

Bill

Bill Blackburn
12-09-2010, 1:26 PM
Now I feel stupid as He!! .... searched again and I see a thread from last month on it.
Maybe I had better learn HOW to search:o

Well - any updated info after use would be neat. Thanks

Bill

scott spencer
12-09-2010, 3:44 PM
It always looked pretty solid on paper to me too, but I haven't had the luxury of seeing one in person. There are three 5-star reviews on the G0715P (http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/product/1782)on LJ's

Bill Blackburn
12-09-2010, 5:41 PM
Thanks Scott - sent the link to LJ to him and from the last call I had it was getting ordered tomorrow unless I could dig up info to make him change his mind. I looked at what you referenced too - seems to be a pretty serious saw for the money.
I wonder if we are not nearing the end cycle of the old contractor saws almost - the small job site saws have improved and indeed hold a place, all these great cabinet saws abound and then this middle ground is really getting squeezed by the new hybrids I suspect.

Funny thing in that the old General , PM64s, Deltas and the bunch sold are still running mostly too. CL in my area never has them showing up so where the heck do they all go? Is everyone sitting on 2 saws? In my neck of the woods not many new WW's are around at all. The old timers will have a lot to pass on in time but to who I wonder. It's sad.
The turners abound - lots of young folks into the lathes but that is a hoarder habit...mini-mid-big boy. I avoid at all costs even the thought of delving back into it. Major money pit...but a riot too:)

William Burgess
12-10-2010, 12:31 AM
This may or may not help. This is my first table saw, so I am no expert. I ordered the table saw and it arrived in 2 days! I set it up relatively easily (one note, the measuring tape provided is longer than the rail it sits on, just cut off the excess) and turned it on and thats about it. It is a pretty solid peice of equipment, the fence seems nice, but the miter gauge is nothing special and seems like it would be a pain to get precise angles, I plan on getting a incra one soon enough. I haven't cut any wood on it as I have been real busy at work, but hope to tune it up this weekend and try it out. Hope this helps.

William Burgess

Alexei Perelet
12-10-2010, 8:42 AM
I posted the first review there over at LJ. A month later, the saw works great, cuts throw 8/4 with no issue. The only wood I had issue cutting was zebra wood which had a ton of internal tension and kept binding on the blade. I do have a riving knife but it doesn't help when the wood isn't even through the blade before it binds. That is more the woods fault than the saw though.

If I had more money, i might be the owner of a G0690. Even if I did have more money I think I would've spent it on a jointer or planer instead. This is plenty of saw for my tasks.

Bill Blackburn
12-10-2010, 9:38 AM
Thanks again guys - I forwarded this to him a few minutes ago and I'll do a call so as I get done here.
The saw sounds like a winner then to me - and bet it shall be more than up to the tasks he'll toss at it. Specs were good but it is always great to hear from actual owners. You all are a great help to us on his decision making process.

William - that miter gauge comment solved the Christmas gift dilemna I was having. Year or so ago I bought an Incra 1000se and the thing to this day remains in an unopened box due to another one being on a saw I had bought about the same time. I can just cheat and wrap it up.

As of yesterday he was not a member here .... boy, I'd be unhappy if that has changed now, wouldn't I:o

Bill