PDA

View Full Version : Jet xacta vs grizz 1023

Josh Reid
12-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Just what the title says. I have a chance to get a never used xacta with 50" rails for $1000 or buy the new 1023 with the long rails at full price minus shipping as i would be picking it up. What would y'all suggest??

david brum
12-09-2010, 12:43 AM
As good as the Jet is, I'll bet it doesn't have a riving knife, a serpentine belt or built-in dust collection. The new machine warranty is pretty nice too. I know which way I'd go.

Cary Falk
12-09-2010, 1:20 AM
If the Jet doesn't have the riving knife and blade shroud, I would go with the G1023. I love mine.

scott spencer
12-09-2010, 6:46 AM
+1 on the Griz. You'll get a fine saw, and some nice upgrades plus a warranty. The price difference isn't much, and I really don't think the Jet offers any quality advantage over the Griz.

Van Huskey
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I suppose you have to add tax to the 1023?

If the Jet does not have a riving knife that is enough for me to get the 1023. If it does and especially if it has some or all of the 5 year warranty then I would get the Jet.

Josh Reid
12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like I will go with the grizz. Kinda what figured y'all would say and the way I was leaning.

Joe Leigh
12-10-2010, 6:54 PM
As good as the Jet is, I'll bet it doesn't have a riving knife, a serpentine belt or built-in dust collection.

If it's a Jet Exacta Deluxe it sure does and that makes it a no brainer. The Jet is a lot more saw.

Cary Falk
12-10-2010, 7:04 PM
If it's a Jet Exacta Deluxe it sure does and that makes it a no brainer. The Jet is a lot more saw.

If you don't have the Grizzly, how do you know?

Justin Bukoski
12-10-2010, 7:18 PM
IF its the Exacta Deluxe its equal to the Griz with a little better warranty IMO. Based on what I've owned and used in other's shops I don't believe Jet makes anything that BETTER than Griz - I believe they are pretty equal and that includes their excellent 12" J/P combo.

15years ago when I first started woodworking I do believe there was a quality gap but I wouldn't be surprised if both tools were made in the same factory to the same standard these days.

David Helm
12-10-2010, 8:36 PM

I've owned both. They are comparable. The Jet, in my opinion is not a lot more saw. The 1023 actually has better dust collection too.

Joe Leigh
12-10-2010, 9:27 PM
The Jet Exacta Deluxe is much more saw In my opinion and I've spent a lot of time comparing both. The Jet has a larger table, much better fence, (the Grizzly fence gets consistently poor reviews on this board, just do a search) superior blade guard and riving knife, storage drawer, etc...dust collection is comparable. The Jet also retails for about $700 more than the Grizzly which is why, cost being equal to you and the Jet being unused, take the Jet.

Cary Falk
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
The Jet Exacta Deluxe is much more saw In my opinion and I've spent a lot of time comparing both. The Jet has a larger table, much better fence, (the Grizzly fence gets consistently poor reviews on this board, just do a search) superior blade guard and riving knife, storage drawer, etc...dust collection is comparable. The Jet also retails for about $700 more than the Grizzly which is why, cost being equal to you and the Jet being unused, take the Jet.

But the saw in question is not the Deluxe.