PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Blade

Brian Riley
01-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Good Morning....

I have a MM16 and haven't had the opportunity to use it that much. Well I have a project coming up that will require resawing of rough cut Spanish Cedar. I know there are very good blades out there for resawing that will leave an almost finished surface and little waste do to the blade kerf but for the life of me I can't recall the brand name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Mark Singer
01-03-2005, 10:55 AM
The smoothess I found is the Lenox Trimaster

Maurice Ungaro
01-03-2005, 11:41 AM
You may also want to try the Woodslicer, from Highland Hardware. It got a very strong rating by FWW.

http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=295

Maurice
Not affiliated in any other way with this store, other than cashiers know me by name....

Jim Becker
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Ditto to Mark's comments...almost as good as my table saw.

Ken Garlock
01-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Brian.

As I have heard said, good blades are spelled L E N O X. Or, put another way, there are two types of blades, Lenox and others.

Since you have bought a quality band saw, give the people at Ittura Designs a call to order their catalog, and pickup their tension gauge. With the gauge you can tell exactly how much tension you are putting on a blade. The catalog is an education in itself. They don't have a webside, but they have a small ad in most WW magazines, and their number is 1-800-722-7078. They also sell Lenox blades :cool:

Just a happy customer :)

Brian Riley
01-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks much guys.....that's the brand I was looking for and couldn't remember. I'll give Ittura Designs a call.

Jim, I like your signature line.

Brian

Ted Shrader
01-04-2005, 6:04 AM
Since you have bought a quality band saw, give the people at Ittura Designs a call to order their catalog, and pickup their tension guage. With the guage you can tell exactly how much tension you are putting on a blade. The catalog is an education in itself. They don't have a website, but they have a small ad in most WW magazines, and their number is 1-800-722-7078. They also sell Lenox blades :cool:

Just a happy customer :)
Ken -

The phone number should be 1-888 722-7078.

The folks at the 800 number have gotten several wrong numbers and requests for Iturra Designs.

Ted