PDA

View Full Version : Ornament

Greg Just
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Here is my entry into my woodturning clubs ornament challenge. It was made with cherry and blood wood and measures about 10 inches. It took second place and I received a $50 gift card to Craft Supply.

Fellow Creeker Doug Swanson was there and he won 2 raffle prizes, a bowl gauge and a set of Raptor Set Up Tools.
<H1>

</H1>

Michael James
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Very nice, and congratulations! I keep missing the chucks and gouges but have won a little something each time I've gone to my local!

David E Keller
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Congrats on your winnings... It's a nice looking ornament.

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Congrats on your second place and on a great prize. Really nice ornament.

Mark Hubl
12-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Very nice and congrats, that is a winner. I really like your icicle on this one. Almost looks like it is melting.

Ron Stadler
12-08-2010, 11:10 PM
very nice ornament, that segmented stuff is so cool.

John Keeton
12-09-2010, 6:46 AM
Nice job, Greg! And, a nice diversion from staved mugs, too! Congrats on the prize - worth the effort for sure.

Steve Schlumpf
12-09-2010, 7:37 AM
Greg - nice ornament! Don't see many versions that are staved!

Congrats on your win! $50 for an ornament is a pretty good payday!

steven carter
12-09-2010, 8:22 AM
Greg,

Very nice ornament! If this was second place the first place must have really been something else.

Steve

Doug W Swanson
12-09-2010, 9:26 PM
Hey Greg,

I think the reason you got second is the fact that I voted 23 times for you!:D I think we should split your winnings!:rolleyes:

Actually it is a really nice ornament and looks even better in person. I thought it deserved first place but there was some tough competition.

The Holiday Party is a fun time and it was great seeing you again!

Paul Douglass
12-09-2010, 9:46 PM
really a pretty one.

Greg Just
12-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Greg,

I think the reason you got second is the fact that I voted 23 times for you!:D I think we should split your winnings!:rolleyes:

Actually it is a really nice ornament and looks even better in person. I thought it deserved first place but there was some tough competition.

The Holiday Party is a fun time and it was great seeing you again!

Doug:

If you voted for me 23 times then I really don't understand why I didn't win as I voted for myself 25 times! :D The winner was very nice. One of those inside-out turned oraments.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I used the same techniques as my glue up for the staved mugs. I glued up wood that was about 12 inches long and was able to make 3 ornaments. My wife claimed it and it will be on our Christmas tree.