PDA

View Full Version : Flexible Magnetic Sheet to cover holes in Contractor Saw

Alan Lightstone
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I've seen this mentioned several times in the past, but I can't remember where people got the material from.

What I'm looking for is flexible magnetic sheet that I can use in the back of my SawStop contractor saw to decrease the open space in the back of the saw. This is to improve dust collection.

What is the stuff to use, and where can I get it from?

Mark Elmer
12-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I'd try a local sign company that makes magnetic signs. You might even pick up a sign they made for someone that was a mistake for cheap.

Jamie Buxton
12-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Those sheets are sold to cover heat registers. I've seen them in the HVAC section of my local Borg. You can also order them off the web; google with "heating vent magnetic" or the like.

ray hampton
12-09-2010, 2:35 PM
try " American science and surplus

Andy Pogue
12-09-2010, 4:01 PM
I found some at local office supply place, I found a sheet in the section where specialty paper is sold. (business card stock etc.) It is sold to print pictures and stuff on to make your own refrig. magnets with.
I have also seen it at a Hobby Lobby in sheets 8x10 so you can cut your own

Kent A Bathurst
12-10-2010, 8:25 AM
many products like tis one at A-zon

http://www.amazon.com/Avery%C2%AE-Magnet-Sheets-inches-White/dp/B00006HN5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1291987420&sr=1-1

Ben Hatcher
12-10-2010, 9:26 AM
bought a 10' roll from ebay for about $25. I had enought to do all of my return air ducts, my parents', and still have a ton left over. I gave up on trying to cover the back of my contractor's saw with a plate, however. I just boxed it in completely, motor and all. The dust collection is supurb now. I know, I know, I don't have a tefc motor, but I don't run my saw all day.

Alan Lightstone
12-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I got some from a local sign store. I thought about boxing in the motor, but worried about it. Agree, I also don't run my motor all day. I suppose you also could put some small holes in the motor box which would draw in air and cool the motor.

Michael Weber
12-12-2010, 5:07 PM
bought a 10' roll from ebay for about $25. I had enought to do all of my return air ducts, my parents', and still have a ton left over. I gave up on trying to cover the back of my contractor's saw with a plate, however. I just boxed it in completely, motor and all. The dust collection is supurb now. I know, I know, I don't have a tefc motor, but I don't run my saw all day.

Have a picture of your totally enclosed contractor saw back/motor?