PDA

View Full Version : Model number on Delta unisaw

Mike Dodson
12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm going to look at an older Unisaw and would like to know where to find the model number and SS on the saw. The owner has looked but said he can't locate it. Where do they usually place these? Are they on a plate that could have fallen off or would it be stamped somewhere on the saw?
This is a picture of the saw.

http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is.php?i=750919&img=3k93mc3oa5Y35X6.jpg

David Christopher
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Mike, on my 1958 uni the model and sn is on a tag on the front, top, right hand corner ( right above the switch )

you can barely see the tag right above the switch

Mike Cruz
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
My Uni was made in 1999. The tag is on the back side, up at the top of the cabinet. My Biesemeyer rails almost cover it. You have to crouch/kneel down to see and read all of it.

Mike Dodson
12-09-2010, 7:34 AM
Thanks All. I'll have him check the suggested places.

Chris Rosenberger
12-09-2010, 7:50 AM
The saw in the picture is not a Unisaw.
I believe it is a Delta 36-750 10" Tilting Arbor Saw

Cary Falk
12-09-2010, 8:32 AM

I would agree.

Mike Dodson
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Thanks Chris,
I haven't seen the saw yet. Any thoughts or idea of the value of this saw? Is this considered a fairly good saw? I have no idea when it was made.

Kent A Bathurst
12-09-2010, 11:00 AM
My Uni was made in 1999. The tag is on the back side, up at the top of the cabinet. My Biesemeyer rails almost cover it. You have to crouch/kneel down to see and read all of it.

bingo................

Mike Dodson
12-09-2010, 4:34 PM
If this is a Delta 36-750 where would the model # and serial # be located? What quirks did this saw have? I'd really like to hear from those that have or have used this saw.

Chris Rosenberger
12-09-2010, 7:02 PM
I never owned the saw, but a good friend did own one. It is more or less a contractors saw on a cabinet base & the motor inside the cabinet.
From what I remember it was harder to tune up then a contractors saw was.
The value would be that of a contractors saw. In my area a contractor saw goes between $250 to $450.

John Gustafson
12-10-2010, 9:49 AM
I'm going to ask a question here simply because I'm looking at used uni's for a new shop area. Right now lurking on E-bay and looking at what they go for. The comment here about the 36-750 gave me a heads up. Currently the 36-750 is Delta's "Hybrid" Saw seemingly only available as 1 1/2 horse or so.

Did Delta ever make this "non unisaw" with higher horsepower motors?
I'm assuming they did not and that a 3 hp single phase, 220V Delta cabinet saw saw is a unisaw. Correct me if I'm wrong,

David Weaver
12-10-2010, 9:57 AM
I'm going to ask a question here simply because I'm looking at used uni's for a new shop area. Right now lurking on E-bay and looking at what they go for. The comment here about the 36-750 gave me a heads up. Currently the 36-750 is Delta's "Hybrid" Saw seemingly only available as 1 1/2 horse or so.

Did Delta ever make this "non unisaw" with higher horsepower motors?
I'm assuming they did not and that a 3 hp single phase, 220V Delta cabinet saw saw is a unisaw. Correct me if I'm wrong,

Not all single phase 3 horsepower saws were unisaws.

They did slap their sticker on some junk saw that had different slots and a different size throat (i.e., you couldn't use standard delta ZCI blanks on it).

I think 36-732 is what it was, it did not have the unisaw name on it. Who knows exactly what it was, maybe they were paving the way toward making their saws overseas at the time.

Reviews for them when I got mine were similar to what they are for the hybrid, or actually, they were worse than for the hybrid.