PDA

View Full Version : Double Raster?

Bill Jermyn
12-08-2010, 5:22 PM
I have a pile of aluminum pieces to raster, and they require 2 passes. Does anybody know if it's possible to have the laser raster each piece twice automatically so I could sit twice as long before having to jump up and run the job again?

Larry Bratton
12-08-2010, 5:43 PM
Yes, set the driver to print 2 copies when u send it.

Bill Jermyn
12-08-2010, 6:44 PM
I tried setting Corel to print 2 copies but that didn't do it. I don't see anywhere in the driver (properties) to do that though. Maybe my machine is too old to have that feature.

Larry Bratton
12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Are you using the Epilog Dashboard driver? That option is set after you enter Print. The next screen that comes up gives you an option to set the number of copies you want. I guess this would be a Corel setting from the File/Print menu

Tom Delaney
12-09-2010, 3:58 PM
I found the copy, duplicate useful for just that purpose. I was 'reprinting' a job several times to keep my power low and charing down on some plywood. One day it hit me - on cut lines, just duplicate them two, three or even four times and run the job once... tada, it re-cuts the lines as many times as I had duplicated them. No more char and I don't have to keep re-running the job.

AL Ursich
12-09-2010, 4:01 PM
That Sir, is a really really really great TIP....

Thanks,

AL

Larry Bratton
12-09-2010, 4:30 PM
I found the copy, duplicate useful for just that purpose. I was 'reprinting' a job several times to keep my power low and charing down on some plywood. One day it hit me - on cut lines, just duplicate them two, three or even four times and run the job once... tada, it re-cuts the lines as many times as I had duplicated them. No more char and I don't have to keep re-running the job.
There was a thread on here about that this week. It works for vectors where you just paste copies over copies but the same thing won't work for rasters. To do rasters you have to print them as multiple copies as in the graphic because using the paste method only the top layer will run. The copies function would work with vectors to, because you are just running the same file over and over.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=151735

Bill Jermyn
12-09-2010, 5:11 PM
My driver is version 6.01 Legend EX Oct 6, 2002 so maybe I need to upgrade, but selecting 2 copies in CoredDraw as in Larry's attachment does not cause the laser to raster the same image twice.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Larry Bratton
12-09-2010, 6:32 PM
My driver is version 6.01 Legend EX Oct 6, 2002 so maybe I need to upgrade, but selecting 2 copies in CoredDraw as in Larry's attachment does not cause the laser to raster the same image twice.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Huh? Does for me. May be the driver. Thats a pretty old driver.

Michael Hunter
12-15-2010, 2:34 PM
The Legend EX and TT models are still officially on the 2002 6.01 driver, which misses out a load of goodies.

Does anyone know if the "dashboard" driver is OK for the EX/TT series machines?

Larry Bratton
12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
If you compare the EXT and EX downloads for firmware and drivers on Epilogs tech support section, the Dashboard driver is not offered for the EX. It might be good to direct that question to Epilog though. I still don't understand why you can't use the multiple copies feature in Corel to print twice with the EX? Oh well, I am not a techie, so what do I know. I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe Epilog would have an answer for that one also.

Ed Maloney
12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I would assume color mapping would take care of this as well?

Larry Bratton
12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I would assume color mapping would take care of this as well?
I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how you could print multiple copies by using color mapping?

Ed Maloney
12-18-2010, 1:06 PM
I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how you could print multiple copies by using color mapping?

Are you accusing me of thinking? :) I just press buttons and burn things.

I didn't try it but what if you had the same raster artwork duplicated on top of each other, but each with a different color? Then use color mapping to order the passes.

Larry Bratton
12-18-2010, 5:55 PM
Ed,
I haven't tried that either, but it is my understanding that when printing rasters, the machine only sees the top layer and regardless of how many you stack on top of one another, only the top one will engrave. I got that information from the thread posted earlier. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=151735 , this is not true with vectors.