PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor, let's not forget

Scott Shepherd
12-07-2010, 7:13 PM
I am always pleasantly reminded of historical days by others on the forum. Today, I didn't see anything all day (I might have missed it!), so with the day slipping by, I thought I'd do a quick reminder for your thoughts and prayers for those that served our country Dec.7th, 1941. Most are gone from this earth, but let's not forget their memories or their sacrifices, or those that are still with us today.

Let's hope us and the children of today never see another Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

Paul McGaha
12-07-2010, 7:21 PM
+1 Scott.

Thanks for reminding us.

PHM

Keith Outten
12-07-2010, 8:22 PM
Steve,

My Mom used to sing a song about Pearl Harbor Day that I will never forget, it was on my mind early this morning when I was making coffee.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-07-2010, 9:09 PM
My MIL called at 0545 this morning to recant where she was and where my FIL was when they heard the news.

It's one of those events that those who experienced it will never forget.

Jim Rimmer
12-08-2010, 1:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Scott. My Father was a WWII vet and as was mentioned, they are disappearing at a rapid rate. He passed 3 years ago. That generation did a lot for us. I'm afraid my grnadchildren (his great grands) don't even know what Pearl Harbor was. I work with young folks that have no knowledge of Viet Nam.

ray hampton
12-08-2010, 1:57 PM
only the older people got a excuse for their lack of memory

Chris Padilla
12-09-2010, 4:11 PM
Never forget, but learn to forgive and move on. Educate, evaluate, evolve.

Van Huskey
12-09-2010, 6:35 PM
Never forget, but learn to forgive and move on. Educate, evaluate, evolve.

Agreed, it is interesting how our "enemies" often become our best friends. That generation of men and women gave more for our country than any generation for 80 or so years before.