PDA

View Full Version : The wood and dust are off the floor

Joe Breid
01-02-2005, 8:40 PM
;) I had a few days off over the holidays and spent time in the shop building a wood rack and modifying the dust collection on the table saw and band saw.

The first picture shows the rack that I built. I used 3/4" black pipe 24" long that slide into holes that were bored into the uprite 4"x4"s. It is just big enough as i was able to store all the lumber that was on the floor.

I needed to have the dust port come out on the right of the table saw and I needed to increase the size to 5". The next two pictures show the new dust port and how I sloped the inside of the TS cabinet.

(Third picture) I used the 4" plastic port that I took off of the TS on the BS. I also built an adjustable enclosure to seal up the area directly under the table. This arrangement gets almost all of the dust from the saw. (that is if I remember to turn the dust collector on!! :mad: )

Joe

Dick Parr
01-02-2005, 8:54 PM
Very nice additions to the shop and mods to the saws. :) Joe are you by chance building and airplane, cause it looks like ya got a couple of propellers forming on the rack. :D :rolleyes: ;)

Ted Shrader
01-02-2005, 9:50 PM
Joe -

Looka like you had a very productive few days off. In the long run your efforts will save you a bunch of tinme and aggrivation.

Regards,
Ted

Jerry Olexa
01-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Nice job, Joe. You'll enjoy your time more now in the shop...

Lou Morrissette
01-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Realy like the design on the rack, Joe. Simple but very effective.

Lou

Frank Pellow
01-03-2005, 6:08 AM
I ilke the changes that your made in order to get better dust collection. Well done, Joe!