PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Perp Plaques

Liesl Dexheimer
12-07-2010, 5:49 PM
Just curious on how you guys price perp plaques. Do you charge a flat fee for the plaque with the plates and engrave the plates for free down the line or do you charge a flat fee for the plaque & charge an additional fee when the customer needs more engraved?

Dave Gates
12-07-2010, 6:18 PM
I break it down into total Material cost, header plate engraving and then the individual plate engraving. I find it easier to charge for the engraving when the customer needs another plate engraved. If its a custom layout I add a setup charge based on how much extra work is involved. If the customer has a PO that is about to expire than we'll go ahead and total all the engraving costs into one bill.

Joe Pelonio
12-07-2010, 9:17 PM
If it has room for a lot of years, your overhead may well go up before you are finished. What I do is offer the plaque and a set number of years for the price, 3-4. Then they will have to pay the current rate at that time for the rest. I have also found that people are not all that happy to pay for 10-12 years in advance, in case you are not there after a few years.

Dan Ashlin
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I charge for the plaque and whatever materials i need for the plate if i have to make it custom, then the initial engraving as a setup fee. The years after that are charged a flat fee.

john passek
12-08-2010, 12:26 AM
I do it like Dan. Seems to work out ok and is easy enough.