PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram Logo vector Issues

Tim Bateson
12-07-2010, 1:39 PM
I'm doing a template for the Dodge Ram Logo. I've made it a vector, but by the time I stretch it to the size I'm going to need, it doesn't look so good.

Any assistance would be appreciated, Attached is a smaller version of my working model.

Jerry Hewett
12-07-2010, 2:28 PM
Tim,

This is the Dodge Ram Logo we have.

Tim Bateson
12-07-2010, 2:54 PM
Jerry, That one I have. Cool graphic, but the customer wants the traditional Ram.

Joe De Medeiros
12-07-2010, 3:13 PM
Tim here's one I have

Steve Clarkson
12-07-2010, 4:25 PM
Tim,

It looked the same when I re-sized it.......but maybe what you might want to try is converting "outline to object" and see if that helps. I know that it helps me whenever I draw a vector using line widths other than hairline.

Frank Corker
12-07-2010, 6:59 PM
Try this, these are Dodge logos I have on file.

Ron Chapellaz
12-07-2010, 7:29 PM
Tim, when I resized the Ram it looked ok, just as Steve said. Let me know what size you'd like it to be and I'll do it for you. Not sure if this will help, but scale with image sure helps to keep things proportional when your file has outlines.

greg lindsey
12-07-2010, 7:40 PM
Tim, Here is one also.

Garrett Nors
12-07-2010, 7:45 PM
Tim,

It looked the same when I re-sized it.......but maybe what you might want to try is converting "outline to object" and see if that helps. I know that it helps me whenever I draw a vector using line widths other than hairline.

Same here, looks fine to me :confused: Vectors scale mathematically, they will look the same no matter the size (as long as you scale in proportion).

Bruce Clumpner
12-07-2010, 8:42 PM
Same here, looks fine to me :confused: Vectors scale mathematically, they will look the same no matter the size (as long as you scale in proportion).

And make sure your line width's are set to scale too!

Tim Bateson
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
BINGO! Frank, you did it again. This is the on the customer wanted.

The one I had scales good, but didn't match the one the customer needed. Dodge does have several variants of the Ram head.

Mark Ross
12-08-2010, 9:26 AM
For a LOL, google dodge ram logo female.

:)

I thought it was kind of funny. Someone pointed that out to me years ago when we were working on the design on the Dodge Viper CHMSL (chest high mounted stop light...3rd brake light). It lights up in the outline of a viper snake. After they pointed that out to me, I decided to forgo the ram covers on my brake lights.

Now I am a chevy guy, but its all good.