PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing an old band saw-Help

Andrew Howe
12-06-2010, 5:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

First I apologize for no pictures as my band saw was taken apart about 6yrs ago for storage as I moved. I need some help determining who made it and if there are parts for it or can I fabricate some as I remember when using it, it did not track as well as I wanted it to.
History: The band saw was salvaged from a machine shop junk pile back in the 1950-60s by my Dad and he used it and gave it to me.
All cast iron with 10 inch wheels and 10" square table, with olive green paint on the edges. Casting number HBS-702 in bottom
New bearings were put in in the early to mid 1990s and I put on new rubber wheels.
Motor is likely not original, but a very heavy Century 1/4hp 1,750 rpm motor. It has an olive green motor mount separate from motor.
At one time, we thought it was a Delta model and I got blades custom made here in Atlanta.
Well, now that I am getting my shop together again, I want to put it back together and tune it up.
Any thoughts on who made it?

Thanks

Salvatore Buscemi
12-06-2010, 6:28 PM
You could go here http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/bytype.aspx and look through the band saw pics. Most likely its in there.

Sal