PDA

View Full Version : I had a question, but it's already been answered!

Justin Green
12-06-2010, 5:09 PM
I've been out of the woodworking loop for about a year now!

I stopped by with a couple of questions; suggestions on replacement plane blades and sharpening a scrub plane blade. But, as usual, I found the answer (several of them) using the search function... So, I decided I'd post a pic of what's been keeping me away from woodworking for a while now : ) Here he is eating carrots or sweet potatos with his color coordinated outfit.

Jim Rimmer
12-06-2010, 5:45 PM
Whatever he's eating, it looks like he is enjoying it. Great lookin' kiddo. Good reason to stop ww'ing for a little while.

Justin Green
12-06-2010, 5:57 PM
Thanks, Jim. We're hoping he won't try to climb the Christmas tree!

Charlie Reals
12-06-2010, 6:08 PM

:D:D:D surely you jest!!!!! have the camera ready Justin. Enjoy his first xmas, these years are gone so fast and they are the best. Oh they are all good butt the first 5 are the most memorable.:eek:

Justin Green
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
:D:D:D surely you jest!!!!! have the camera ready Justin. Enjoy his first xmas, these years are gone so fast and they are the best. Oh they are all good butt the first 5 are the most memorable.:eek:

Oh yeah, he is such a blessing!

Belinda Barfield
12-07-2010, 7:16 AM
What a cutie! That color coordinating with the food thing is pretty smart. I think I'll try it!

Leo Graywacz
12-07-2010, 8:03 AM
I remember those, we use to have two of them. Messy things, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Dave Verstraete
12-07-2010, 8:05 AM
Justin
After raising three boys and a coupe of cats that climb...I put a hook in the ceiling and tied the top of the tree to it with some braided fishing line. It never tipped again:D

Belinda Barfield
12-07-2010, 9:47 AM
Justin
After raising three boys and a coupe of cats that climb...I put a hook in the ceiling and tied the top of the tree to it with some braided fishing line. It never tipped again:D

Sorry, off topic, but I just wanted to day "thanks" to Dave. I've been trying to figure out how to secure the Christmas tree so that my two rambunctious cats can't tip it over. :) I considered just hanging it upside down from the ceiling and pretending I'm in Australia but your idea is much better.

Jim Koepke
12-07-2010, 1:30 PM

I did that when I was about 3 or 4. The big problem was it was in a show room display and it fell over. My dad was very upset about that incident.

jtk

Michael Weber
12-07-2010, 1:56 PM
Well worth missing a year of woodworking. First time we fed our first some spaghetti with sauce :eek: we took him to the bath tub in a wagon because we didn't want to get near that mess.

Rod Sheridan
12-07-2010, 6:05 PM
Justin

Dave, we have the "Christmas C Clamp", a small 2" clamp painted festive red that ataches to the light valance above the window.

A short length of string down to the tree and it's cat proof.

Regards, Rod.

Justin Green
12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Justin

That is a great idea!!! Thank you sir. My wife was terribly worried about that.