PDA

View Full Version : Fuji HVLP Question

John Hollaway
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Recently I've begun spray finishing my work with a Fuji Q4 HVLP. My system is several years old and therefore does not have the fan pattern control knob found on the new Xpc guns. Some posters across a variety of sites claim the new (Xpc) method of adjusting the fan pattern is a quantum leap forward in finish control, while others say the change doesn't justify buying a new gun. For those of you who have used both guns, your take on this issue would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Mike Goetzke
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Recently I've begun spray finishing my work with a Fuji Q4 HVLP. My system is several years old and therefore does not have the fan pattern control knob found on the new Xpc guns. Some posters across a variety of sites claim the new (Xpc) method of adjusting the fan pattern is a quantum leap forward in finish control, while others say the change doesn't justify buying a new gun. For those of you who have used both guns, your take on this issue would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I have used both. I also had an old Titan 4-stage HVLP system before I purchased my new Fuji. The Titan and new Fuji are very easy to dial the pattern in with the Fuji being easier. The original Fuji gun where you turn the air cap to adjust the pattern was terrible. I could only get good results with full air and this caused lots of overspray. The new gun lays down a nice finish with almost no overspray. I have the pressure assisted gravity cup but also purchased a bottom cup conversion kit. Another pain is the new gun requires new air caps. (see my PM to you)

Mike