PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
6 Dec 2010

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope this finds you well and warm. Woke up with some fairly cold temps this morning and I also ended my week of oncall duty for the day job this morning.

The LOML is at her mother's helping her get everything done that she needs done since the LOML's dad passed away Thanksgiving week. It's just me and the kids until Christmas and I have a lot to do just around the house.

I won't drag this on and on, but will end it here because I'm tired and I have a lot to do and sadly enough....none of it include shop time.

So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

John Towns
12-06-2010, 11:01 AM
After the early AM trip to the shopping center, I was able to find a few minutes in the shop (I really mean the cold garage). I am making a console for my sister-in-law. Sized and preped the wood for making 4 dove-tailed drawers. All is now ready to actually make the dovetails. (I do not rush into anything in the shop).

I was able to make a fire in the fire-place which helped warm the house, as well as provide a small bit of space for more scraps in my scrap-bin.

John

BOB OLINGER
12-06-2010, 11:29 AM
We got the last plantation shutters (16 in this batch; 13 in previous) glued up this weekend. Now, the plan is to hang them next weekend. These MUST be done and hung prior to our annual family Christmas dinner on 12/19. So, as long as we stay on schedule, everything is good ( you all know what I mean)!!!

Ryan Hellmer
12-06-2010, 11:50 AM
After an unsuccessful morning of deer hunting, LOML and I went and got the christmas tree and put it up. Sunday after church a couple nerdy friends and I sat down to watch all three Lord of the Rings movies (extended versions) back to back. It took almost 12 hours. My level of productivity has really dropped off.

Jim Rimmer
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
After an unsuccessful morning of deer hunting, LOML and I went and got the christmas tree and put it up. Sunday after church a couple nerdy friends and I sat down to watch all three Lord of the Rings movies (extended versions) back to back. It took almost 12 hours. My level of productivity has really dropped off.
Wow! I can't imagine doing anything for 12 hours straight. :eek: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Saturday I watched college football.

Sunday afternoon, the unusual early snowfall had melted back so I cleaned flowerbeds and raked the wet leaves the snow had covered.

I did mange to mess up two attempts at turning a handle for the collaborative box. I'm not having to good of an experience turning blackwood. I will succeed!:cool:

Van Huskey
12-06-2010, 3:23 PM
Spent the weekend putting up Christmas lights and trying to figure out why we purchased a 14' tree this year. We decided that when a 6' ladder isn't tall enough to decorate a tree then the tree is too big!

Matt Meiser
12-06-2010, 3:31 PM
Built toys for Toys for Tots with several members of my club on Saturday, then came home and worked on the desk. Sunday I did a quick glue up on the desk, then visited with some out of town family that came for a surprise visit.

Jeremy Greiner
12-06-2010, 4:23 PM
Worked on a wooden domino set for my dad for christmas. Also started on an outfeed table for my table saw.

Karl Brogger
12-06-2010, 4:29 PM
caught a cold..... awesome.:(

Brian Tymchak
12-06-2010, 4:46 PM
dug into the snow-blower repairs that I've been neglecting for quite a while. Since it's getting kind of snowy around here, I figured I couldn't put it off any longer, even though I wanted to. turned out to be a bigger problem than I had anticipated. So, more parts ordered today. if Mother Nature can hold off just 1 more week....:o

finished the layout of dog holes on the new bench. Might actually finish that project this year.

started, and finished, the Christmas shopping.. :D:D:D:D

Peter Harbin
12-06-2010, 5:19 PM
Battled a nasty head cold and spent a few hours at the Woodworking Show in Shakopee, MN.

Pete