PDA

View Full Version : Rough Cut TV in NY/NJ area

George Farra
12-05-2010, 9:54 PM
Hi everyone

I caught 2 episodes of Rought Cut on WLIW in NJ. Now its gone. Anyone know if it was pulled?

Thanks

George

Dan Karachio
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
it has simply stopped here in NJ. nothing the past two weeks. gee, if only we lived during an age of a communication revolution we would know what was happening.

Van Huskey
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I am in Louisiana and this prompted me to check my DVR for scheduled recordings since I hadn't had one record in the last couple of weeks but I had been so busy I didn't bother to see what was going on. There were no new episodes listed (lists next 2 weeks). I hope this is just a "break" since I was beginning to really like the show and be able to keep up with his machine gun delivery.

Matt Kestenbaum
12-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I noticed that my DVR had a few weeks with no episode, so I checked the NJN.org web site and they have two new episodes airing on the 12/12 and 12/19 at the 6pm time slot.

I seemed to have missed the first two episodes -- with the walnut table and the dovetailed step stool -- and can't believe they are not rerunning them ever. Especially during the weeks when they are not airing new episodes.

Tom Stenzel
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
It vanished when the pledge drive started. I suspect we will see it when the usual programming returns.

-Tom Stenzel

Dave MacArthur
12-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I haven't been able to find any airing of this in the Phoenix area, not on any of the various PBS channels. Various threads indicate there might be some PBS broadcast I don't know about besides the 4 or so on Cox cable...if so, I can't figure it out. I'd really like to watch this, anyone who knows how to definitively say it's NOT airing in Phx, please let me know ;)

Van Huskey
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I haven't been able to find any airing of this in the Phoenix area, not on any of the various PBS channels. Various threads indicate there might be some PBS broadcast I don't know about besides the 4 or so on Cox cable...if so, I can't figure it out. I'd really like to watch this, anyone who knows how to definitively say it's NOT airing in Phx, please let me know ;)

Regarding Lousiana, I went to the LPB site and they show it airing again starting later this month.

Dave, the Arizona Public Media site has it showing on KUAT "Create" later this month. http://tv.azpm.org/schedules/series/WOOT/?q=rough%20cut

I don't know if that is your station or not (didn't google it) the extra name (Create) indicate it is a digital sub-channel and often sat or cable providers do NOT carry any or all of the digital sub-channels for PBS or any of the other networks. I get them all with a OTA (over the air) antenna. Rough Cut is on the primary channel here but a couple of other WWing shows current and re-run are only on the sub channels.

For the 4 networks and PBS I get a total of 9 sub-channels that are not carried by my sat provider, most of them have completely seperate programming where a couple are 24hr local weather. I almost always watch/record OTA signals for my loclas since due to the transmission they have essentially unlimited bandwidth so the signal is not compressed like with many (most) 3rd party providers.

Van Huskey
12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
it has simply stopped here in NJ. nothing the past two weeks. gee, if only we lived during an age of a communication revolution we would know what was happening.

NJN.net shows Rough Cut on NJN 1 starting again on Sunday Dec 12th at 6pm, and continuing each Sunday @ 6:00 for the rest of the month.

Viva La (communication) Revolucion!

Peter Harbin
12-06-2010, 1:47 AM
It was gone for a week here in the Twin Cities as well during the pledge drive, but is back on the docket for next weekend.

There was one consolation...I DVR'ed a 1983 jam session/concert with Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Pete
http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/

Van Huskey
12-06-2010, 2:37 AM
It was gone for a week here in the Twin Cities as well during the pledge drive, but is back on the docket for next weekend.

There was one consolation...I DVR'ed a 1983 jam session/concert with Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Pete
http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/

Stormy Monday, Matchbox Blues, Don't Lie To Me etc etc and the one SRV song they played Pride and Joy. Just came out on DVD a couple of months ago. Funny Albert didn't want to do it because he didn't know who SRV was until he was realized SRV had sat in with him in TX. Great "In Session". AK was supposed to be SRV's idol but I think he idolized Jimi Hendrix more and about the only Jimi covers I can listen to save some of the ones on the Hendrix tribute album Stone Free, particularly Ice T's (Boddy Count) Hey Joe. Alas, I digress.

I am hoping T-Mac stays around long enough to do for hand tools what Norm did for ones with cords, though I am firmly a power tool first kinda guy.

Mike Cross
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Just checked schedule on the create tv site and shows a schedule starting on Dec. 27 going through the end of January. Looks like there may be a marathon type showing on Sat. Jan, 29.

P.S. Dedicated SRV fan as well.

Mike

Ryan Baker
12-06-2010, 8:01 PM
Yes, in Detroit we are being interrupted by one of the four-week pledge breaks that happen three or four times a year. T-mac should be back once the break ends.

It's been a pretty good show so far. It's nice to see some hand tool use for a change. He seriously needs to stop talking at superhuman speed and saying "guys" every three seconds though. Annoying Boston accent.