PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Kevin Baker
12-05-2010, 6:58 AM
I've been looking and trying to conver the center part of this ornament to no avail. Anyone have this one?

Thanks,
Kevin

AL Ursich
12-05-2010, 5:14 PM
That is a excellent idea.... Next year for me....

AL

Martin Boekers
12-05-2010, 6:18 PM
There are lots of "free use" ornaments on the forum. This one may not be included, but the others are well worth the download.

LaserBits sell some ornament designs you might check their website.

While your doing Christmas ornaments you may check this out.

www.bethlehemolivewood.net/.1catalog/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1

they sell small slabs of Olive wood from the birth place of Jesus Christ.
The Olive wood is gorgeous. I cut crosses and turn pens with it.

Oh, and it's FREE shipping on all orders, that's something you don't see too often!

Marty

Chuck Stone
12-05-2010, 7:44 PM
While your doing Christmas ornaments you may check this out.

www.bethlehemolivewood.net/.1catalog/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1 (http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/.1catalog/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1)

Keep in mind that it won't get here for this season, and communication
can be sporadic..

Dee Gallo
12-05-2010, 9:18 PM
Hi Kevin,

I was kind of bored and kind of challenged so I made this for you... Merry Christmas! I have not cut it yet, I just finished it. But, my theory is any unruly shading you see will be cut out by the vector lines (red) so don't worry about them... hehehe

I saved it in Corel v9 so everyone can use it.

cheers, dee

Chuck Stone
12-05-2010, 9:49 PM
Cool! Thanks Dee!

Cory Damon
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Dee - thank you for spreading the joy of giving!

George McGinnis
12-06-2010, 2:26 AM
Thanks Dee

Kevin Baker
12-06-2010, 5:24 AM
Dee--- WOW! Thanks so much! You're the best!

Dee Gallo
12-06-2010, 2:24 PM
My apologies to anyone who tried this file... there were a few off white shapes left on there which rastered...but they got cut off later. That file works (as you see it here), but anyway, here is a corrected cleaned up file (v9). Also, a pic of my test cut, which I had to cut a few times since the board I used was curved...it got a bit burnt on the edges... but I think it came out alright and would be better if done on a lighter, FLAT wood! I just used a flattish piece I happened to have laying around.

Plenty of room on the bottom for your holiday greetings or you can just make it shorter.

BTW- anyone know why my vector cutting paused at the bottom right corner for like 4 seconds? It blackened the back but did not show on the front. Curious.

cheers, dee

Linda Tetreault
12-06-2010, 3:31 PM
Thanks Dee,

By changing the wording, it would make a nice 1st Christmas design also.:)

Ed Maloney
12-06-2010, 5:34 PM
Dee - The bottom right of the ornament or the engraving?

Ed

Dee Gallo
12-06-2010, 5:51 PM
Dee - The bottom right of the ornament or the engraving?

Ed

Ed, it's the outside corner of the ornament where the cutout goes around the corner. Any ideas why?

BTW- by scrubbing the while thing with alcohol, what looked like burnt wood was actually dark shellac and it cleaned right off! Plus now you can touch the edges and not get all sooty.. bonus!

Ed Maloney
12-06-2010, 6:28 PM
Ed, it's the outside corner of the ornament where the cutout goes around the corner. Any ideas why?

No clue. I took out all the raster segments and looked in wireframe mode and don't see anything unusual. No multiple nodes either. I ran it on my laser and the same thing happened. Not 4 seconds but an unusual pause never the less.

bob pfohler
12-06-2010, 8:54 PM
Thanks so much, I was thinking about tracing it my self but haven't found the time.

Anthony Welch
12-06-2010, 9:15 PM
Good job Dee. I like it... I like it alot.

Merry Christmas.

Bob Rath
12-06-2010, 9:56 PM
Dee---I am just getting the hang of creating vector artwork from line art. If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take for you to create this file? Thanks for sharing your work with all of us. Merry Christmas.

Dee Gallo
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Dee---I am just getting the hang of creating vector artwork from line art. If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take for you to create this file? Thanks for sharing your work with all of us. Merry Christmas.

Bob- it took me about 2 hours, but I was watching a movie on TV at the same time, so I was slow. I also was trying to see what would happen if someone tried to trace it on CorelTrace and then clean it up, which is a LOT slower than if you just drew it as a trace over the original scan.

I believe if I did it that way (my usual way) it would have been about 20-30 minutes.

Hope this helps, dee