PDA

View Full Version : flea market haul

Shawn Stennett
12-05-2010, 12:29 AM
I went to the flea market in Canton, which is absolutly hugh, I picked up a few things. I picked up ten saws, some Disstons, Atkins, Warrented Superiors, tw saw sets and a saw clamp. I also picked up two blockplanes, 9 1/4 in the box, and a 220 in the box. I don't think the 220 has ever touched a piece of wood and the other might not either. A few other things pickedup were the brace, rasp, stanley socket chisel and a new in box/plastic 800/4000 Japanese waterstone.

Shawn Stennett
12-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I tried to post pictures but it tells me there is a error for some reason. Oh I also got a real nice matched set of tongue and groove plane.

Zahid Naqvi
12-05-2010, 2:34 AM
Shawn, looks like the Canton thing was a successful trip. So are there specific tool vendors who carry WWing stuff or is it spreadout. I have looked at the pictures and it looks huge. I've never been there but sounds like a good day trip.

Andrew Gibson
12-05-2010, 7:31 AM
Sounds like a good haul Shawn. As far as the pic's I have been having some issues as well with uploading pics here. I occasionally use my photobucket account to upload pic's. It adds a step or 2 but it works.

Shawn Stennett
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks Andrew, I will try hat.

Zahid, there is two guys that specializes in hand tools, one in the civic center the other 50 yards away. The guy in the civic center mainly had wooden tools that were really old but in great condition. The guy outside had some nice things, had good prices on some things and high on others. He had somethings I havent seen before, he had a Stanley chamfer plane. He had a #45 that I wanted that had all the parts.

Zahid Naqvi
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm going to head out there one of these days. Thanks for the tip on the guy in the civic center, I do like wooden hand planes, maybe I can luck out on some molding planes.

Dustin Keys
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
I forgot that it was Canton weekend until it was too late. I was hoping to go this time. My wife had volunteered to keep our little niece for the weekend though, so it wasn't going to happen this month.

Sounds like you made a good haul, I hope you can get some pictures up.

I did make it to a few local estate sales this weekend where I picked up an old Disston in great shape save some rust, a pair of sawhorses, a Bailey #5 that has hardly seen any use, and some other small tools I needed.

Dustin

Brett Bobo
12-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Very nice haul, Shawn! Is there a website for the flea market? Is it open every weekend or is this a seasonal flea market?

Thanks,
Brett

Garrett Ellis
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.cantontradedays.com/