PDA

View Full Version : Blast Gate

Kevin Baker
12-04-2010, 3:34 PM
I have my dust collector under my house and hoooked up to a remote.. I click the button, dust collector comes on, but this required me to open the blast gate myself. I've moved the laser to a new room and don't have the room to have the blast gate where I can reach it. I'm looking for a gate that will open/close when I turn the dust collector on and off. Anyone seen anything like this? I've seen the ones where the dust collector will come on/off as you open the blast gate, but that's not what I need.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Baker
12-04-2010, 3:43 PM
Never mind.. found it... ecogates

Darryl Jacobs
12-05-2010, 9:18 PM
Any idea as to what this sytems costs? It looks like exactly what I need for my system to keep the cold out!!

Mike Null
12-06-2010, 8:02 AM
My 6 inch line reduces to 4 inches at the wall where I use a dryer vent device with a flapper. That is pretty effective at keeping cold air and critters out. I also have a gate at the back of the machine which I use only when shutting down for a few days.

Kevin Baker
12-06-2010, 9:11 AM
From what I could see it they started around $230.00... it has the gate, a controller and a sensor.. a bit much for me.

Darryl Jacobs
12-06-2010, 1:39 PM
Thanks for the info and the ideas here. I think I like the electric gate idea best. My blower unit is outside to keep the noise to a minimum and I am installing a carbon filter unit as well out there, so this method is perfect for what I am doing.