PDA

View Full Version : r2911 ridgid router

Mike Sayre
12-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Has anyone ever had one of theses or know someone who has...Just got this and was going to buy a nice router table from jessem Mast-R-Lift II Complete Table System will this do everything i need for a good router table??

Derek Gilmer
12-04-2010, 1:26 PM
I had one and ended up returning it because its router table adjustments were sketch at best for me. But I didn't have a lift to put it in just a plate. Other than that it seemed pretty good.

Mark Ashmeade
12-04-2010, 1:59 PM
I have one, and its fixed bade is mounted in my table saw wing as a router table. The screw height adjustment actuator for the fixed base works very well.I don't see the need for a lift, but I wish I had another fixed base so that I had one to use outside of the router table.

Ryan Wight
12-04-2010, 3:52 PM
I had one and ended up returning it...
Did you return the router or the table?

Jay Allen
12-04-2010, 5:15 PM
I have one, it's the only 2-base router I have. I use it by hand only though. I have a Triton in my table. I bought the RIDGID kit as a "recon" at a woodworking show a few years ago. It has performed very will for me. It is a little tall and top-heavy in comparison to some other brands, but in a table that won't matter to you at all.
The only problem I ever had was a sticking switch, but it was an easy fix. It just took a quick removal of the top and blowing/wiping of some debris. The "switch" that you see on the outside is just a sliding cover, the real switch is inside. Something (chips/dust) jammed the slider from the inside. 5 minumte fix and it has been fine for years.

Derek Gilmer
12-04-2010, 6:54 PM
Did you return the router or the table?

Returned the router and got a woodpecker lift. I wanted to be able to easily lock and unlock the router from above the table. With the ridgid (and most fixed bases that are table friendly) you still have to reach under to unlock the motor. Not a big deal but I was building a sealed router table for dust collection.

Mike Sayre
12-04-2010, 8:04 PM
So this router with a jessem mater lift II a good set?? I am going to build the NYWS router table after i get everything i need....Should i get a separate fence or a table extension to go with the table?

frank shic
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
you gotta hand it to the engineers at ridgid though for coming up with a CLEAR base that actually allows you to see what you're routing! i have mounted across from a bosch 1617evs for door rails/stiles on my door router table.