PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for those attending the DWR

David Walser
12-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Like many of you, I have a short list of "dream lathes". High on my personal list is the Serious Wood Lathe. I wrote about my love affair in this post on Sawmill Creek: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=104068&highlight=serious+wood+lathe

Well, because I had gushed about the lathe in that post, the good folks at Serious Toolworks asked if I might be interested in buying the lathe if they were to bring one to the upcoming DWR (next February 18, 19, & 20, here in Mesa, Arizona). Unfortunately, I'd need to greatly expand my shop before I could consider such an acquisition. So, they've asked me to pass along the following question to those who will be attending the DWR: Would any of you consider buying the lathe and taking delivery of it after the DWR if you could get it for about $1,400 less than the normal delivered cost? If so, drop me a PM and I'll give Serious Toolworks a head count of potential purchasers. (I won't share anyone's name or contact information. If you want to, feel free to contact the company directly.) If the company thinks there is a decent shot at selling the lathe at the DWR, they will ship it to Mesa so all of us can get a chance to see it in person. Otherwise, they might not.

I don't have any financial interest in Serious Toolworks or in the potential sale of the lathe. I'm doing this because I think a lot of turners would like a chance to see the lathe in person.