PDA

View Full Version : A plug for Suffolk Machinery

Jon Grider
12-03-2010, 6:33 PM
I needed a resaw blade for my Delta BS with riser block, I called Suffolk Monday, explained my needs and on Thursday I had my new Timberwolf blades with detailed directions for getting the right tension using the flutter method. The blade rocks! Service was outstanding and delivery was a day earlier than promised. It's nice to know that some businesses still strive for pleasing the customer.I felt my experience with them should be shared, hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. I have no affiliation with them.

Neil Brooks
12-03-2010, 6:46 PM
+1

Universally positive experiences with them, too.

C Scott McDonald
12-03-2010, 7:08 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Peter Quinn
12-03-2010, 7:19 PM
I have had similar experiences. You will hear some complain of bad welds, short blade life and concern about the flutter tension method, so opinions do vary on the subject of timber wolf blades. But personally I have always had good luck with them andmenjoyedmdealing with Suffolk Machine.

Richard Wolf
12-03-2010, 9:25 PM
I live in Suffolk County, NY, very close to the office of Suffolk Machinery. They are always very helpful to the small woodworkers with great service. Just for your information, their blade making facility is no longer in Suffolk, but has moved a few years ago to Pa. Cheaper overhead, but mainly to be closer to their real target customers, lumber mills. They are a major supplier to the lumber milling industry and sell miles of blades to the commercial mills.

Richard

glenn bradley
12-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I'll chime in before the nay-sayers get started . . . In 5 years I have had only 2 bad welds. Both on 3/4" blades about 4 years apart. Both were replaced immediately following my phone call to them. Neither time did they ask for the "bad" blades back and both are usable for non-critical items.

I have run 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" bands from them with varying tooth patterns. They are great about helping you decide which size and pattern is best for what you are trying to do. All sizes have done very well for me. And no, these types of blades do not last for 1000's of lineal feet but, they make butter out of 10" of white oak for easily long enough to make them worth the reasonable price IMHO. (In My Hobbyist Opinion) :D.

Ed Labadie
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Been dealing with Suffolk for quite a while now, blades for the g0555, blades & tires the sawmill.
If one has problems they are on it! I had some tire issues on the sawmill, they were very helpfull in determining the cause, (me). :o
The other thing I like, they are like "big brother". Keeping track of what machines you have and what blades you purchased for them. Nice, one less thing I've got to keep track of.

Ed